Proposal to (somewhat) help with YT comment scams.

Beebles

In a recent WAN show, Linus heavily blasted YouTube for their horrible handling of moderating comments. At one point, he suggested that there should be a button where people watching a video can report a comment, and then the creator could simply go by and click a Yes/No button to block the user from the channel and report them.

This got me thinking, wouldn't that be something easy enough to implement as a Chrome extension in a similar way to how SponsorBlock works right now.

I'm dabbling in trying to create this but I wanted to first post it here to see what the community (and any potential LMG employees reading this) would think about it. Would you use it to help report comments? And would this be helpful to creators like LTT?

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

On the WAN show this past Friday, Linus said they're using ThioJoe's script right now. 

https://github.com/ThioJoe/YT-Spammer-Purge

I saw this, but as they showed on stream, there were still countless accounts in the comments.

Like Linus said himself, you can't beat human moderation, and if it was as simple as a report button next to the like/dislike, I feel like it could have some use.

3 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

What if there was in the script a mod hold on the word telegram....

That already exists, and is basically what ThioJoe's tool does. It just scrubs comments and deletes ones that match a keyword list of scammy phrases.

the problem is the spam. its all automated to recreate account to spam as its so easily to make a new account.  ether just dont commit, dont read the comits, its the same as  answering a number you dont no who it is or clicking an email you dont no what it is.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links