steam deck back cover cad?

pani_alex

Hi,  i don't know if that is the correct description, it should be the back of the steam deck, the one you take out to open it.

Does anyone know if is out there in the wild a 3d model of it? with all the screws holes, crips, all. What i was thinking is to mod the steam deck and avoid to cut the original case. 

Play with cooling, extra battery, embed some expansion ports.

I personally don't find to well that the side holders are so thick and the middle is so thin instead of adding more room for a larger m.2 or maybe a second, more battery, better cooling, more ports, etc.  It desen't have any logic

so far i have seen, that is just a print of the steam deck, maybe to make it easy for third party to mace cases, cover, etc, but its not the case it self of the steam deck, to you have to sketch yourself that model to get to the back cover, and i can imagine it will take a lot of impressions, i also dont know to use very well freecad so it will take me even more.

Maybe i am wrong, and dont  see the part im looking for or don't know how to select it, i just bought a 3d printer a month ago so just a newbie in this land, can some one point me the way?

44 minutes ago, merco said:

Well you probably want to print it, but if you are considering other ways you can also just buy a back plate in the ifixit store https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Miscellanous/Steam-Deck-Back-Plate/IF260-018?o=1

not really, if i use the original, i have to cut and glue parts, if i print it as a whole, it will be more firm, i can also change the design and print many cases  and compare

but if there is no real case jet, i thik i will cut the mitle and print that part