How to download Corsair drivers and firmware on Pop!_OS?

Go to solution Solved by Elektra57,

Not sure how, but it works now.  It's so strange but this all happened when I plugged in a USB hub and my Samsung watch charger and since I unplugged it, it hasn't happened again. I am stumped.

I am having an issue with my Keyboard as seen here:

The only things I have not tried are updating the driver and firmware because I am using Pop!_OS with KDE Desktop environment and I am not sure how or if I can. I have googled and have not found a good guide. Has anyone successfully done this and can push me in the right direction?

TIA!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

There's no official Linux support for iCue as of yet. 

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/155847-linux-support/

You can pledge your support for some here.  But other than plugging it in to a windows machine and using iCue on that i've got no other suggestions

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

I should note that if the keyboard was working fine originally and now it's typing weird numbers then I don't think it's a driver issue. If there's no driver support then it just won't work, in this case it's probably at least partially supported by the generic keyboard input driver - suddenly inserting numbers is not what I'd expect.

The simplest way to check for problems with the keyboard itself is to plug it in to another computer and see if it does the same thing. Preferably on a windows computer with official drivers just to rule everything out. Maybe you can get a friend to let you try their machine?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

33 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I should note that if the keyboard was working fine originally and now it's typing weird numbers then I don't think it's a driver issue. If there's no driver support then it just won't work, in this case it's probably at least partially supported by the generic keyboard input driver - suddenly inserting numbers is not what I'd expect.

The simplest way to check for problems with the keyboard itself is to plug it in to another computer and see if it does the same thing. Preferably on a windows computer with official drivers just to rule everything out. Maybe you can get a friend to let you try their machine?

It was the next step that was recommended. To reinstall driver and firmware if the KB rest didn't work. I am going to try the KB on my son's pc and see if it does the same thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Okay. Works on my laptop. >.<  Not windows. It is a Chromebook pos. 

linktr.ee/Elektra57

4 minutes ago, Elektra57 said:

Okay. Works on my laptop. >.<  Not windows. It is a Chromebook pos. 

Then it is indeed software related then

Edited by SimplyChunk
spelling

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Not sure how, but it works now.  It's so strange but this all happened when I plugged in a USB hub and my Samsung watch charger and since I unplugged it, it hasn't happened again. I am stumped.

linktr.ee/Elektra57