What difference will I notice, if any, between CL18 2666mhz and CL19 2666mhz?

I’m upgrading my prebuilt Alienware pc to 32GB of RAM for Flight Sim and a few other games. According to what I’ve seen, 9th Gen Intel doesn’t benefit much beyond 2666mhz and the other crucial compatible RAM was out of stock anyway.

just wondering what difference if any the CL19 will make vs the stock CL18 memory I have.

Nope, you won't notice a thing.

Apparently aurora r8 are z370 so you can run 3200 or higher just fine, no point limiting to an arbitrary low speed, and no speed spec are garbage and only what is guaranteed to run, higher speeds arent guaranteed to work but you can figure that out yourself by looking at ppl that ram oc 9th gen, most likely be able to run 3600 just fine

Diff prob wont be that much since bandwidth > latency

Btw "compatible sticks" can also be ignored as mobo qvl has been dead for a very long time and you can use whatever ram you want though avoid low bins as theyre not much cheaper than 3200 c16 

25 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Apparently aurora r8 are z370 so you can run 3200 or higher just fine, no point limiting to an arbitrary low speed, and no speed spec are garbage and only what is guaranteed to run, higher speeds arent guaranteed to work but you can figure that out yourself by looking at ppl that ram oc 9th gen, most likely be able to run 3600 just fine

Diff prob wont be that much since bandwidth > latency

Btw "compatible sticks" can also be ignored as mobo qvl has been dead for a very long time and you can use whatever ram you want though avoid low bins as theyre not much cheaper than 3200 c16 

Mine’s an R9, but I found a crucial 3200mhz cl 16 for $10 more so I will go with that instead. Apparently my mobo supports up to 3200.

37 minutes ago, TheSilverKing said:

Mine’s an R9, but I found a crucial 3200mhz cl 16 for $10 more so I will go with that instead. Apparently my mobo supports up to 3200.

Go for the cheapest 3200 c16 kit you can find, theyre ~90$ if you are in the usa or ~100€/£/$ everywhere else, not worth paying extra for branding since youll get the same ic manufacturers anyways, ballistix in particular come with some very good microns capable of 4600+ cl18/17