is vibration to a cpu (and system) hurt it in any way?

mike12408
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
8 minutes ago, mike12408 said:

short story:
cpu cooler fan blade got chiped and not its vibrating a LOT 
the temps seem fine ,the cpu seems fine , the hard drive is like on the other side of the case so its not vibrating as much

does it hurt in any way?

long story:
was checking computer bcs it crashed 2 times in a row (in a time frame like 5 minutes)
checking cpu cooler then i looked up to the monitor (my pc is under the table where the monitor is) then i hear a loud BANG
looked down and theres like a fan blade on the GROUND and then my computer is vibrating a lot 
and a cpu fan has like 12-9 blades , when i turned off the computer I SEE LIKE A FAN BLADE MISSING IN THE CPU FAN COOLER
and it still vibrating rn 
im asking does it hurt the computer in anyway 

Probably not the PC in general but the HDD is definitely a concern as even a small vibration can cause a head crash, this is why in a NAS there are HDDs designed to account for the vibration from other HDDs.

Either way its likely to cause the CPU fan to fail completely due to uneven stress on the bearings.  Its certainly not a great idea to continue using it like this, apart from the fact the noise would drive me crazy.

short story:
the temps seem fine ,the cpu seems fine , the hard drive is like on the other side of the case so its not vibrating as much

does it hurt in any way?

long story:
was checking computer bcs it crashed 2 times in a row (in a time frame like 5 minutes)
checking cpu cooler then i looked up to the monitor (my pc is under the table where the monitor is) then i hear a loud BANG
looked down and theres like a fan blade on the GROUND and then my computer is vibrating a lot 
and a cpu fan has like 12-9 blades , when i turned off the computer I SEE LIKE A FAN BLADE MISSING IN THE CPU FAN COOLER

8 minutes ago, mike12408 said:

short story:

does it hurt in any way?

long story:

Probably not the PC in general but the HDD is definitely a concern as even a small vibration can cause a head crash, this is why in a NAS there are HDDs designed to account for the vibration from other HDDs.

Either way its likely to cause the CPU fan to fail completely due to uneven stress on the bearings.  Its certainly not a great idea to continue using it like this, apart from the fact the noise would drive me crazy.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

6 minutes ago, mike12408 said:

short story:

does it hurt in any way?

long story:

Only if you got a HDD. But change your cooler bro 😄

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

ok its good to hear it dosent hurt the cpu other then hdd and the cooler fan itself 

im planning to upgrade almost (probably not the hdd doe) my entire system in a couple weeks anyways
so im probably clean 

but if you know it will hurt my computer in anyother way 
please tell me 

thank you

Edited by mike12408