(Subzero) ram cooling

Somerandomtechyboi

Basically searching for cheap ways to get my extreem dark ddr2 colder and push past 1520 7-9-6-9 (2.38v) cause rn its thermally limited and 1520 runs stable only if i got 2 fans over the rams, and its gotta be something that can run consistently for awhile without having to maintain it or lose effectiveness overtime like ice water

First idea is making some sort of tec cooler by attatching some heatspreaders to the rams that will then be attatched to a coldplate with the tec, basically just normal closed top heatspreaders but a metal plate + tec ontop of em

Second idea is chilling the board pcb around the ram slots with a tec, maybe the colder the pcb area around the ram slots the colder the rams get

Third idea is just ambient cooling the rams with a waterbucket and waterblocks

I do know the proper way of doing this is just ram waterblocks + waterchiller but thats a tad expensive .-.

Which of these ideas work the best for lowest temp?

Any better ideas than this?

And may aswell add how am i gonna insulate the ram slot itself?

Save your money and buy some newer hardware.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal TorrentCompact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

8 hours ago, freeagent said:

Save your money and buy some newer hardware.

Im just trying to push my ddr2 for fun, not neccesarily for performance if it isnt obvious by aida saying my read speed is 6400 when at 1470 7-9-6-9 auto subtimings it reaches 10400 read speed

18 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Im just trying to push my ddr2 for fun, not neccesarily for performance if it isnt obvious by aida saying my read speed is 6400 when at 1470 7-9-6-9 auto subtimings it reaches 10400 read speed

do you 3d print? seem like you would learn just to make something might be an idea. i think there fairly cheap now like $200

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

do you 3d print? seem like you would learn just to make something might be an idea. i think there fairly cheap now like $200

What can i even use that for here?

Mounting should be sorted as ill just gravity mount or use silicone as a good enough adhesive

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What can i even use that for here?

Mounting should be sorted as ill just gravity mount or use silicone as a good enough adhesive

well im bring it because you like to do things cheap and 3d printing is farly cheap. im shur you will come up with ideas with what to print. plus you can sell your prints too to make moeny to then buy a ram water block and pay for the 3d printer in the first place. i dont no just a suggestion.

i dont no if your poor or just frugal with your moeny

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

42 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

plus you can sell your prints too to make moeny to then buy a ram water block and pay for the 3d printer in the first place

Now im interested

Maybe if i ever get a 3d printer i can use it to make money, but i doubt id have much use for it just personal use cause zipties and silicone go brrrrrrrrr

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Now im interested

Maybe if i ever get a 3d printer i can use it to make money, but i doubt id have much use for it just personal use cause zipties and silicone go brrrrrrrrr

you could 3d print zipties....i kid but hey...

Jackie Chan Mind Blown meme 3D print. (BWYWRZD5P) by Soulstice