Cant put in top left screw

I have a noctua 15 cooler but cant put in the top left screw on my motherboard put in 8 but the left one doenst wanna screw in

35 minutes ago, romeynsc said:

I have a noctua 15 cooler but cant put in the top left screw on my motherboard put in 8 but the left one doenst wanna screw in

Stripped threads maybe?  I don’t know what the diameter and thread count of that particular screw is, but it’s going to be replicatable fairly easily.  A tap appropriate to the screw you use also might prove useful.  I may be making assumptions about what you mean by “doesn’t want to screw in” though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Stripped threads maybe?  I don’t know what the diameter and thread count of that particular screw is, but it’s going to be replicatable fairly easily.  A tap appropriate to the screw you use also might prove useful.  I may be making assumptions about what you mean by “doesn’t want to screw in” though.

There is a 1mm difirece on the motherboard and the standof

7 hours ago, romeynsc said:

There is a 1mm difirece on the motherboard and the standof

Ah. The motherboard hole is too small?  That’s quite unusual.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah. The motherboard hole is too small?  That’s quite unusual.

The standof is the problem but the motherboard isnt going anywhere so gonna leave it as it is..

Replacing the stand-off or the screw with one that fits is the obvious one.  In the case of coolers I suspect it doesn’t fit the stand-off at all and is way way too thick, and has its own nut that fits on the thread and uses a backplate on the other side of the motherboard.  If it needs a backplate and doesn’t have one the motherboard is coming out so you can install one.  Cooler install manuals should always be read unless you’ve done it several hundred times like reviewers have.  in the forementioned case removing the stand-off is the way to do it