Will this build serve me around 5-6 or so yrs?

Goose1723

Budget (including currency): 2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, osu!, Valorant, newer CODs, Minecraft, Genshin Impact, etc. nothing too demanding for the most part

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): My monitor has a 240 Hz refresh rate but I know I'm not gonna get those frames on games like COD so I'll settle on 80-90 for most games with 120 being my preferred fps. I've already heard people's concerns about the cost of the fans, case, and cooler, and yes I am aware they are hella expensive but I'm gonna use them for a long time + I want the computer to look good and be completely synced with Razer Synapse + case has a lot of room for upgrades + I love Razer products in general. Also I will not be buying the GPU right away, I'm gonna wait because the RTX 3070 Ti is really expensive right now. My main concern though is about how long this setup will last me and how it will be able to run on the games I listed above. If you have any suggestions for any parts I should switch out (besides the Razer stuff) I would be glad to hear them. Here is my parts list.

5 minutes ago, Goose1723 said:

I'm gonna wait because the RTX 3070 Ti is really expensive right now.

If you're gonna be waiting for the gpu, you might as well wait for all the new tech releases coming later this year imo. That would probably give you a longer lasting pc.

2 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

If you're gonna be waiting for the gpu, you might as well wait for all the new tech releases coming later this year imo. That would probably give you a longer lasting pc.

Oh yea true

What about this? It doesn't include the cooler, when I add the cooler I can't choose any 12th gen CPUs. But according to Razer it's compatible, so just get that if you really want it. It also has a better SSD and PSU. And also just a tip, if you're spending more on the motherboard than the CPU that's never a good thing, unless you have an i3 or something.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory 
Storage: MSI SPATIUM M470 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Razer Tomahawk ATX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($199.99 @ Razer) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Razer Kunai Chroma 81 CFM 140 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1058.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-26 18:14 EDT-0400

2 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

What about this? It doesn't include the cooler, when I add the cooler I can't choose any 12th gen CPUs. But according to Razer it's compatible, so just get that if you really want it. It also has a better SSD and PSU. And also just a tip, if you're spending more on the motherboard than the CPU that's never a good thing, unless you have an i3 or something.

I'll go ahead and switch out the PSU and SSD but not the CPU or motherboard yet, I wanna be sure it will be compatible so I'll stick with Ryzen for now, but I will go for a cheaper motherboard that's still compatible with Ryzen CPU.

41 minutes ago, Goose1723 said:

I'll go ahead and switch out the PSU and SSD but not the CPU or motherboard yet, I wanna be sure it will be compatible so I'll stick with Ryzen for now, but I will go for a cheaper motherboard that's still compatible with Ryzen CPU.

Some good Ryzen boards I recommend: MSI B550 Tomahawk or if you want to stick with Asus ROG Strix B550-F.

For compatibility with that cooler and 12th gen CPU, Razer says it's compatible with LGA 1700 so it should be fine, but the 5800X is still a great CPU so if you want that go for it. https://www2.razer.com/ap-en/gaming-accessories/razer-hanbo-chroma

That cpu cooler is FAR too expensive, and makes me wonder why anyone would spend THAT much on an AIO. I would recommend keeping the case, but switching out the cooler. You can also still get fantastic performance with a RTX 3060, as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGskjZ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($286.98 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($126.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($424.99 @ Adorama) 
Case: Razer Tomahawk ATX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($199.99 @ Razer) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Razer Kunai Chroma 81 CFM 140 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 
$1817.90

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

2 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

That cpu cooler is FAR too expensive, and makes me wonder why anyone would spend THAT much on an AIO.

It's the clean look for me, I don't really like the look of those generic RGB fans that make way too much light with the whole fan lighting up (like the one you linked) and its really obnoxious imo. I'm more into the low profile but still noticeable and of course razer brand + synapse to sync all my lights

8 hours ago, Goose1723 said:

It's the clean look for me, I don't really like the look of those generic RGB fans that make way too much light with the whole fan lighting up (like the one you linked) and its really obnoxious imo. I'm more into the low profile but still noticeable and of course razer brand + synapse to sync all my lights

Everyone has their taste but at a $2k budget you can't justify a $300+ AIO. If your AIO costs more than $150 it's only because you have an unlimited budget.

This is a good build, but if you have a specific case in mind that costs a bit more and needs extra fans, you'll have to downgrade to a 3070ti. There's a cheaper Gigabyte 3080ti which will be under your $2k limit but I'd say it's worth it to spend a bit more and buy a GPU from a great brand:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($253.19 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool CASTLE 280EX 97.03 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RS 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($130.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB VENTUS 3X OC Video Card  ($1089.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2057.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-27 07:47 EDT-0400

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker