Anyone tried using SAM with a ryzen 5 2600 ?

I went through hell, I replaced my motherboard after it died because of a bios update and after replacing it I found out that one of my  ram sticks was also dead for no reason so I had to sell and replace the kit, all because I wanted to try SAM, so did anyone with a Ryzen 5 2600 try SAM? and was there any difference in performance? I know that it's only supported for 3000 series and 5000 series but I thought I should ask if someone have used SAM with this cpu.

*My motherboard is an asus rog b450 gaming f

I was not able to get it to work on my B350/2700x system. You didn't mention which board you have as that plays a role. Latest BIOS for my board before they say not recommended for Pinnacle Ridge (Zen+) is AGESA 1.0.0.1.

image.thumb.png.412283e7691162c57eb62934d17a7510.png

I presume SAM = Sequential Access Memory. How does it work when it's not frying BIOS and RAM sticks?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

30 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I was not able to get it to work on my B350/2700x system. You didn't mention which board you have as that plays a role. Latest BIOS for my board before they say not recommended for Pinnacle Ridge (Zen+) is AGESA 1.0.0.1.

Yes, sorry, it's an asus rog b450 f gaming motherboard(with latest bios update), All I know is that it supports b450's but what I want to know if it works with this specific cpu

Edited by I am

17 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I presume SAM = Sequential Access Memory. How does it work when it's not frying BIOS and RAM sticks?

You kind of understood the question in a wrong way, which is my fault for telling the whole story, what I want to know is:

will the Ryzen 5 2600 put in a b450 mobo be able to run SAM efficiently? 

and will it give good results?

35 minutes ago, I am said:

You kind of understood the question in a wrong way, which is my fault for telling the whole story, what I want to know is:

will the Ryzen 5 2600 put in a b450 mobo be able to run SAM efficiently? 

and will it give good results?

That, I can't say, as I'm trying to find out what it is, myself. But GuiltySpark made it pretty clear that they couldn't make it work with a 2700X, and that your platform isn't sufficient for it, as the system requirements state only 5000-series and certain 3000 series. Not to be snarky, but the 2600 and 2700X are neither.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

37 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

That, I can't say, as I'm trying to find out what it is, myself. But GuiltySpark made it pretty clear that they couldn't make it work with a 2700X, and that your platform isn't sufficient for it, as the system requirements state only 5000-series and certain 3000 series. Not to be snarky, but the 2600 and 2700X are neither.

yep, I was asking because I can see rebar and enabling 4g decoding(which allows me to use SAM) in my bios, but I didn't want to risk it so that's why I asked if anyone have used it with this cpu  just to see if it does anything, because I have an rx 6600xt and the bottleneck is reducing fps by 20%,so I thought hey! lets use SAM for more fps.

anyway, thanks dude, appreciate the help

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

thanks for the help spark

Also, a 500-series (A520 / B550 / Z570) is required in addition to the right processors. I neglected to reiterate that earlier.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 hours ago, I am said:

thanks for the help spark

Yeah so I kinda had the same thought as you. Hmm, I see the Above 4G decoding option so I thought.. maybe? 

With the latest AGESA code available for my board being 1.0.0.1, definitely wasn't going to happen in the end.

7 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Ha, Smart Access Memory, AMD's fancy marketing name for Resizable BAR. It actually is quite impressive with some AMD GPU's. With Nvidia the gains are minimal at best.