email server/make emails per service?

how would one use a program or server to be able to make an email address for each service? like facebook, google things, twitter netflix etc

for example when making a facebook account you go to the dashboard of your email service and make an email address just for facebook named "facebook@whatevernamehere.com" and have one for twitter, netflix, steam etc

unsure of what something like this would be called and am sorry for any confusion.

if possible free or cheap or even just told that its not really worth doing and making it complicated for no real reason, if any of this makes sense, thanks in advance!

recently remembered reading a post that someone makes an email address for each service they signup to, to keep track of what company sends spam and they said that netflix (i think) had given out the signup email to 3rd party advertisers and was getting sent spam from them

You'd want to buy a domain, and set up an email server. You could look at Google Domains(I have no idea which one is best), which offers Google Workspace at an additional cost if you buy a domain with them.

Spoiler

image.png.07d7d0a10b9d21ba7c27b7e8afccfa73.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Zoho mail offers 25 free accounts, you just need to provide the domain name. You can buy that from Namecheap or Google Domains.

But this seems like too much hassle.

Buy a domain. Costs 10-20$ a year - you will need to renew it yearly.  I use Namecheap.

I use Fastmail - https://www.fastmail.com/pricing/  - the Standard 5$ subscription allows for  one primary email address, and you can create LOTS of aliases - aliases are basically email addresses that can only receive emails, if you reply you will reply from your primary email address.

But you can also use the + to add keywords  ex if your email  is john@domain.com  you could enter  john+facebook@domain.com and the mail would still come into john@domain.com  but you could then set a filter in your email account to move all the emails with +facebook into some folder.

If you rent a dedicated server from some company or even a somewhat decent VPS, you can set up an email server and create as many email addresses as you want, which can both receive and transmit email. But you'll have to set up your own anti spam rules and everything else.

If it's a Windows dedicated server, hMailServer is a very good email server that's also free... used it before.

Those are called email aliases, a lot of providers will let you make some.

Some providers like gmail also have the "plus" technique:

https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9308648?hl=en

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

sounds like its not really worth the hassle, was curious about it but thanks for the info everyone