MOBO is Gigabyte X470 Aurus Gaming Ultra and has no addressable RGB. I'd like some lights/RGB of some type, so I can see fans moving and an overall view of what is going on inside my case Corsair Carbide 275R case.

Could someone suggest a few options form adding RGB/LED that would give overall added 'showcase' or general illumination of my basic STATE of the PC?

Thanks.馃

6 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

MOBO is Gigabyte X470 Aurus Gaming Ultra and has no addressable RGB. I'd like some lights/RGB of some type, so I can see fans moving and an overall view of what is going on inside my case Corsair Carbide 275R case.

Could someone suggest a few options form adding RGB/LED that would give overall added 'showcase' or general illumination of my basic STATE of the PC?

Thanks.馃

Standard illumination? just use a led strip, either single color or multi color.

One that changes color based on your PC state though, depends on what do you mean by "State"
If it's things like CPU/Mobo temp etc, I think it's gonna be a challenge if your motherboard doesn't support it.
Since it will most likely require additional sensors, raspberry pi, and script. At the very least the Raspberry & proper script.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

8 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Standard illumination? just use a led strip, either single color or multi color.

One that changes color based on your PC state though, depends on what do you mean by "State"
If it's things like CPU/Mobo temp etc, I think it's gonna be a challenge if your motherboard doesn't support it.
Since it will most likely require additional sensors, raspberry pi, and script. At the very least the Raspberry & proper script.

Ok. What about something with 2 options, 1. a solid color or the choice to 2. cycle through random RGB colors. I could choose which I want.

It occurs to me this would be <$40 but I'm wrong more often.

What would something simple like that be?

7 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

Ok. What about something with 2 options, 1. a solid color or the choice to 2. cycle through random RGB colors. I could choose which I want.

It occurs to me this would be <$40 but I'm wrong more often.

What would something simple like that be?

Well if its just choosing either solid color or a rainbow.

You can go with either a cheap 12v 5050 led strip and power it using either external controller & power supply or straight from the motherboard LED_CPU / LED_C1 header. (Page 15 & 16 of your motherboard manual)

or a 5v ARGB one like WS2812 and power it using either external controller & power supply or straight from the motherboard D_LED1/D_LED2, just make sure you change the jumper to fit your strip power requirement. (Page 15 & 16 of your motherboard manual)

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

Well if its just choosing either solid color or a rainbow.

You can go with either a cheap 12v 5050 led strip and power it using either external controller & power supply or straight from the motherboard LED_CPU / LED_C1 header. (Page 15 & 16 of your motherboard manual)

or a 5v ARGB one like WS2812 and power it using either external controller & power supply or straight from the motherboard D_LED1/D_LED2, just make sure you change the jumper to fit your strip power requirement. (Page 15 & 16 of your motherboard manual)

Good answers on here never fail. Thanks Poink____!!!!