Need site of windows 10 free install Tool.

whm1974

To be clear this is not pirated but a tool used to the install but Users will still have to pay for it. I used Linux and that how I D/L the install. What the site of this Tool? Forgotten the name of my Post. This was provided by the Users here.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Thanks.

I don't thing that is it. It kick me out after I clicked install. Good thing it did, didn't even tell me which drive to select. Could have wiped my Linux drive... I would have to try again.

4 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Linux.

This is probably the issue as the media creation tool will only really work in windows, but you should be able to download an actual disc image directly from microsoft without having to use the creation tool and then use either DD or some tool to create a bootable USB stick from that image.

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

This is probably the issue as the media creation tool will only really work in windows, but you should be able to download an actual disc image directly from microsoft without having to use the creation tool and then use either DD or some tool to create a bootable USB stick from that image.

Thanks. This is what I'm search for:

unlicensed Microsoft Windows 10 with some features disabled for installing on linux PC 2022

To be clear back in 2020 or 2021, Microsoft had a link where a User if he lost the install Media and lost the Product Key, or the PC came without Windows, could download a Windows10 with features disabled and install this. Mind You this only until the User can save money to buy a License. Until then he uses this temporary.

Just to clear. A User here provided the link to Microsoft. I did had the Install USB, but I used for Linux Mint. Should have brought three pack instead.

8 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

could download a Windows10 with features disabled

AFAIK MS only supply the full fat window 10/11 iso from the link provided.

You can run windows unactivated will some limitations being you cant customise your desktop and you will get a activated windows water mark appear.

There is no alternative download. The iso contains all windows editions. No lincense key is required for download/installing/using windows

6 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

AFAIK MS only supply the full fat window 10/11 iso from the link provided.

You can run windows unactivated will some limitations being you cant customise your desktop and you will get a activated windows water mark appear.

There is no alternative download. The iso contains all windows editions. No lincense key is required for download/installing/using windows

But what I d/l yesterday wouldn't install w/o a Product Key. And wouldn't let select what Drive to Wind10 install to. Good thing it kick me kick out. Could have lost the Linux drive.

I did log to windows Sometime Sunday or early Monday then log off, booted into Linux. Later I couldn't log back in. Same Password.

20 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

wouldn't install w/o a Product Key

it will ask for one but you can skip it by clicking the link "I dont have a key" in the bottom left corner of the window.

21 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

And wouldn't let select what Drive to Wind10 install to.

The installer will ask where you want to install windows to. It will not skip this step on its own.

27 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I did log to windows Sometime Sunday or early Monday then log off, booted into Linux. Later I couldn't log back in. Same Password.

Login to what linux? Windows cannot and does not affect Linux installations. Only thing it may do is replace the grub bootloader with its own bootloader.

12 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

it will ask for one but you can skip it by clicking the link "I dont have a key" in the bottom left corner of the window.

The installer will ask where you want to install windows to. It will not skip this step on its own.

Login to what linux? Windows cannot and does not affect Linux installations. Only thing it may do is replace the grub bootloader with its own bootloader.

Sorry I log into Windows.

Thanks guys for helping me. Turns out the issue was I used a lowing case letter for my password instead of uppercase I thought I did. Sorry.