Battery & Perfomance Monitoring

Hello Good Folks,

I have bought a new laptop from Asus (the asus duo), and the battery runs out too fast. From reading online and getting in contact with people who have the exact same model, my models seems to be getting a much shorter battery life. I have tried everything, including playing around with settings, reinstalling windows, getting everything (including drivers) up to date, and even going to the service center to install a factory level OS copy. The battery life was too variable.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a safe (not shady) battery monitoring app that displays graphs and tells battery use by apps/services over time. It would be wonderful if anyone can suggest an app for RAM, CPU, and GPU monitoring with similar features as well.

Any help is really really appreciated, even a discussion would be wonderful.

How long are you getting? I watched the MrMobile review of it, and even with all the battery saver features on he got pretty bad battery life, so seems to be expected.

At 8:15 he talks about it, he gets 3.5h, instead of 5.5h he got on previous model.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

15 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

How long are you getting? I watched the MrMobile review of it, and even with all the battery saver features on he got pretty bad battery life, so seems to be expected.

At 8:15 he talks about it, he gets 3.5h, instead of 5.5h he got on previous model.

@Origami Cactus

So i have got the UX482 which is the previous model, it does not have the OLED nor the 3050Ti. Mine is the i7, MX450 variant, and i am getting <10 hours, with second screen off, all battery saver options are on, drivers updates, second screen at 35%, only youtube is running.

Thats why i want a program to follow performance and battery discharge.

9 hours ago, Makao said:

@Origami Cactus

So i have got the UX482 which is the previous model, it does not have the OLED nor the 3050Ti. Mine is the i7, MX450 variant, and i am getting <10 hours, with second screen off, all battery saver options are on, drivers updates, second screen at 35%, only youtube is running.

Thats why i want a program to follow performance and battery discharge.

I use HWmonitor for that, seems fine.

21 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

I use HWmonitor for that, seems fine.

I have used BatteryMon from PASSMARK. They both seem to deliver  similar statistics. I was looking for a more detailed battery report, that can tell how much power is consumed by the GPU, CPU, screen, fans..etc, rather than an overall power report.

@Origami Cactus

3 hours ago, Makao said:

I have used BatteryMon from PASSMARK. They both seem to deliver  similar statistics. I was looking for a more detailed battery report, that can tell how much power is consumed by the GPU, CPU, screen, fans..etc, rather than an overall power report.

@Origami Cactus

Well my HWMonitor does give me the current package power for cpu and gpu, and you can calculate the power usage from that.

HWInfo gives you all possible datapoints, probably allows you to log it too, but taking all that data into excel and calculating something useful from that seems kinda like a chore, so I haven't even tried that.

But generally, look into how big your battery is, and then into GPU/CPU/Display power usage, fans and ssd don't really use a considerable amount, keyboard backlight and wireless do tho.

But you said that you have the previous model and get just under 10hours, which I would consider really good for a dual screen laptop, MrMobile in his last gen review got 5.5h.