nope

I think you should just install Microsoft Visual C++ 14

21 hours ago, Wictorian said:

I think you should just install Microsoft Visual C++ 14

you are stupid. it is

Dual X5690 my beloved.

48 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

you are stupid. it is

oh. then I dont know the exact thing but maybe you are not actually running the script using it or something. I think it might about  how old your os is, so it doesnt automatically do whats necessary.

On 8/3/2022 at 12:36 PM, Wictorian said:

oh. then I dont know the exact thing but maybe you are not actually running the script using it or something. I think it might about  how old your os is, so it doesnt automatically do whats necessary.

it also doesnt work on my newer server with newer python

Dual X5690 my beloved.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:56 AM, Tamatini said:

1. download and install graphviz download link

2. add graphviz to env path, it should be located in "c:\Program Files(x86)\Graphviz_YOUR_VERSION\bin

if you have chocolatey installed you can skip the first 2 steps and use the command 

choco install graphviz

3. go to your folder and reactivate your venv from the commandline

4. install cmake and graphviz

pip install --global-option=build_ext `
            --global-option="-IC:\Program Files\Graphviz\include" `
            --global-option="-LC:\Program Files\Graphviz\lib" `
            pygraphviz cmake

can you explain furthur what i need to do here like the commands

ERROR: You must give at least one requirement to install (see "pip help install")

Dual X5690 my beloved.

So installing Python binary extension modules can be a real pain, and this could be nobody's fault (except maybe Microsoft for having such an insane compiler toolchain/runtime configuration). Before you go any further, you probably should make sure that setuptools, pip, and wheel are all installed and up-to-date:

python3.8 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel

Sadly it doesn't seem that pygraphviz has precompiled binaries that you can download, and it instead builds the interface on top of graphviz as installed on your machine. Here is the relevant page from their documentation https://pygraphviz.github.io/documentation/stable/install.html#recommended. I assume you already have the visual C/C++ build tools installed and up-to-date.

If updating Python is not an option - your post above might be correct about Windows Server 2008 not being supported for Python 3.9+ - then you need to make sure that you have the versions of the C/C++ redistributables that are compatible with that version of Python. Given that it's Windows, the problem is likely that Python - and specifically the compiler they Python has found and is trying to use - might be finding the right versions of visual C/C++ and hence doesn't have access to C++14 compatible compiler toolchains. The only real remedy to this is to try and make sure that only the compiler you want it to use is on the path and accessible to Python.

Really I wouldn't recommend doing this on Windows. (Can you tell I don't like Windows?) If it is at all an option, you'll have a better experience firing up a Linux docker image and compiling with GCC. Things are far more predictable on Linux where you can 100% guarantee that Python finds the correct compiler toolchain and the correct corresponding libraries.