Judge confirms viewing pirated material is not copyright infringement

Kevinkt

Oh well, why do ISPs collect your search history anyways? Sort of dumb since 'nobody' can access it.

Just because your ISP does doesn't mean it's legal for a third party to access it. My bank stores my debit card details. Doesn't mean amazon can just view them on their own accord. They need my permission to set up a transfer

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Just because your ISP does doesn't mean it's legal for a third party to access it. My bank stores my debit card details. Doesn't mean amazon can just view them on their own accord. They need my permission to set up a transfer

But that's what a bank is for, ISPs are not made for storing your history, that's not what they get paid for.

But that's what a bank is for, ISPs are not made for storing your history, that's not what they get paid for.

Legally, no one is allowed to view your private browsing records without your permission or legal cause that can be proven. You agree with your ISP when you buy a subscription from them that they are allowed to store your browsing records. You give them permission.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Legally, no one is allowed to view your private browsing records without your permission or legal cause that can be proven. You agree with your ISP when you buy a subscription from them that they are allowed to store your browsing records. You give them permission.

:/ Well, good thing I have a VPN.

Law is so unclear, I've been caught before and I'm not going to risk it again.

Use a VPN, problem solved. Never get caught :)

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

Use a VPN, problem solved. Never get caught :)

Lee dude :P I'm hoping you're messing with us.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Lee dude :P I'm hoping you're missing with us.

I literally don't even know what you mean. 

Follow me on Twitter!

I literally don't even know what you mean. 

The statment you made about having a vpn will fix everything and no one will ever be able to caught you. Which is not true!

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

You'd think our legal system would be dedicating their resources to more important issues like rape and murder, guess not.

Yey for popcorn time :)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The statment you made about having a vpn will fix everything and no one will ever be able to caught you. Which is not true!

Get the right VPN and yes, your ISP and anyone else watching doesn't have the ability to see who you are or what you are doing.

Follow me on Twitter!

Get the right VPN and yes, your ISP and anyone else watching doesn't have the ability to see who you are or what you are doing.

Even the "right" VPN wont protect you completely from sniffing by isp, goverment or NSA. The data still have to go between you and the vpn provider which are vulnerable to attacks, even if they are using encryption.