Help me build my first pc

Go to solution Solved by brob,
1 hour ago, Pixelfie said:

I think you're talking about B460 (Intel). You have an AMD CPU, so you need B450, which does support high RAM speeds.

This one is pretty decent too I think

Tysm

1 hour ago, Pixelfie said:

I think you're talking about B460 (Intel). You have an AMD CPU, so you need B450, which does support high RAM speeds.

This one is pretty decent too I think

Btw it the reason i thought that is because when i scrolled down to the technical detail it says memory: 2400mhz https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MV9BMNY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&th=1

Budget : 700 - 800 CAD

I will be using this for : Rocket league , Call of Duty , Valorant , Minecraft etc

Other details : I am thinking of getting this https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/sGRxfv  Total:772$

I appreciate anything ☺️

That won't handle Call of Duty. You really need at least an entry-level discrete GPU there. You'd be looking at under 60fps at 1080p low settings.

In a situation like this I'd go Intel with the i3-10100F, despite being a couple generations old now it's the best bang for your buck CPU on the market for an esports gaming build and it has a decent upgrade path, and you can run it on any dirt cheap compatible board you want. 12100 is tempting but LGA 1700 boards are just too expensive.

32GB of RAM is unnecessary for a basic gaming PC. You could save money by just getting 16GB. You could also shave a bit more off the price by going with a smaller HDD. More storage is cheap to add later if you need it. 

Also, I left it because it will get the job done and we needed to save every dollar, but I'd seriously try to extend your budget a bit to get a better case than the Q300L.

So that gives us this: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q4pvRv

Now after rebates you have ~$300 CAD to look for a GPU. That will get you an RX 6400 to at least be able to get above 60fps in Call of Duty, or you could look for a deal on a used card like an RX 580 or GTX 1060 or GTX 1650. 

Edit: Actually RX 6400 would probably be a bad choice due to being restricted to PCIe 3.0 on this system, so you'd have better luck buying used until prices drop further. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Replace the 2.5" SATA drive with an m.2 NVMe model, cheaper and faster.

A 650W PSU is overkill for a system without a GPU.

Consider a 2x8GB memory kit.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

You'll get more bang for your buck in the used system add on FB that anything you can put together at that price range.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

29 minutes ago, Middcore said:

That won't handle Call of Duty. You really need at least an entry-level discrete GPU there. You'd be looking at under 60fps at 1080p low settings.

In a situation like this I'd go Intel with the i3-10100F, despite being a couple generations old now it's the best bang for your buck CPU on the market for an esports gaming build and it has a decent upgrade path, and you can run it on any dirt cheap compatible board you want. 12100 is tempting but LGA 1700 boards are just too expensive.

32GB of RAM is unnecessary for a basic gaming PC. You could save money by just getting 16GB. You could also shave a bit more off the price by going with a smaller HDD. More storage is cheap to add later if you need it. 

Also, I left it because it will get the job done and we needed to save every dollar, but I'd seriously try to extend your budget a bit to get a better case than the Q300L.

So that gives us this: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q4pvRv

Now after rebates you have ~$300 CAD to look for a GPU. That will get you an RX 6400 to at least be able to get above 60fps in Call of Duty, or you could look for a deal on a used card like an RX 580 or GTX 1060 or GTX 1650. 

No offense but that sound very complicated so i will just not play call of duty

28 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

You'll get more bang for your buck in the used system add on FB that anything you can put together at that price range.

Sorry i dont understand could u explain?

30 minutes ago, brob said:

Isnt that just making my build worse?

Just now, mustafa654 said:

No offense but that sound very complicated so i will just not play call of duty

? All I did was give you a different list of parts. There's no difference in how complicated it is compared to the one you had aside from there being one more component to install, the GPU. 

Just now, mustafa654 said:

There's no point in spending money on things that make your PC "better" which you won't use. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

31 minutes ago, brob said:

Also could u send a ling for the m.2 NVMe model

2 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

Sorry i dont understand could u explain?

You don't have enough cash to build a new machine powerful enough to run the games. You couyld get something good enough on the second hand market.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

? All I did was give you a different list of parts. There's no difference in how complicated it is compared to the one you had aside from there being one more component to install, the GPU. 

There's no point in spending money on things that make your PC "better" which you won't use. 

Oh ok btw the link u sent did not have any gpu and it also didnt have a new new case

28 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

You don't have enough cash to build a new machine powerful enough to run the games. You couyld get something good enough on the second hand market.

Oh ok ty for the feedback

1 minute ago, mustafa654 said:

Oh ok btw the link u sent did not have any gpu and it also didnt have a new new case

I literally explained in the post why I didn't change the case, and I told you the remaining budget is to use to go find a  used GPU. No new GPU on PCpartpicker in that price range is worth buying. If you don't even bother to read the advice people give you, it's a waste of time for them to try to help. 

4 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

If you are referring to the suggestion to get less memory, worse is a relative term. Good systems are balanced. No point in having 32GB of memory if you don't have a GPU that can handle titles that will need 32GB. 

3 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

Also could u send a ling for the m.2 NVMe model

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#A=480000000000,20000000000000&D=1&sort=price&page=1

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If you want a PC to play games while you wait for a GPU, then consider the R7 5700G instead I wa able to play Rocket league at aroung 60fps and minecraft with it in ultrawide 1080, use the money from downgrading your RAM at least for now, get 2x8GB, you can always upgrade later if needed. 

And you can run all the games you listed, look: 

1 minute ago, Jorgemeister said:

If you want a PC to play games while you wait for a GPU, then consider the R7 5700G instead I wa able to play Rocket league at aroung 60fps and minecraft with it in ultrawide 1080, use the money from downgrading your RAM at least for now, get 2x8GB, you can always upgrade later if needed. 

And you can run all the games you listed, look: 

This person is getting 75-100% more fps in CoD with the 5700G than any other test I can find. I'm not a person who thinks all YouTube benchmarks are faked, but I do recommend looking at lots of tests to find outliers. This one seems quite suspicious to me. 

42 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I literally explained in the post why I didn't change the case, and I told you the remaining budget is to use to go find a  used GPU. No new GPU on PCpartpicker in that price range is worth buying. If you don't even bother to read the advice people give you, it's a waste of time for them to try to help. 

Oh im sorry that i didnt understand also tysm for all the feedback

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

This person is getting 75-100% more fps in CoD with the 5700G than any other test I can find. I'm not a person who thinks all YouTube benchmarks are faked, but I do recommend looking at lots of tests to find outliers. This one seems quite suspicious to me. 

Well, yeah he needs to do his research but the 5700G iGPU is very good, I was able to play 'lite' games like Valorant, Rocket League, Age of Empires 4, Vampyr ... with certain compromises, like lowering the graphic details, and I was in 2560x1080.

35 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Oh ok ill look for other benchmarks for the r7 5700g with Cod

31 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

Well, yeah he needs to do his research but the 5700G iGPU is very good, I was able to play 'lite' games like Valorant, Rocket League, Age of Empires 4, Vampyr ... with certain compromises, like lowering the graphic details, and I was in 2560x1080.

So is this good ? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ty8ck9

1 minute ago, mustafa654 said:

I'm still dubious about the 5700G iGPU delivering the frame rate you would want to be competitive in a game like CoD, but maybe. Consider lots of benchmarks on that.

It's better. Since you have a bit of room left in the budget, I seriously would get a nicer case than the Q300L now. You could also still save money by dropping down to a 2TB HDD. You could also conceivably save money by getting a lower wattage PSU, although this one leaves some headroom if upgrade the system later. 

I'm still dubious about the 5700G iGPU delivering the frame rate you would want to be competitive in a game like CoD, but maybe. Consider lots of benchmarks on that.

It's better. Since you have a bit of room left in the budget, I seriously would get a nicer case than the Q300L now. You could also still save money by dropping down to a 2TB HDD. You could also conceivably save money by getting a lower wattage PSU, although this one leaves some headroom if upgrade the system later. 

Ok btw again tysm for all the feedback