Help me build my first pc

Go to solution Solved by brob,
2 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

That seems better than the original one you posted IMO, and will give you some games to play while you wait for a dedicated GPU, if you want.

But you gotta understand you would have to make some sacrifices like lowering the graphics detail in some games and you wont be able to run the newest/more demanding ones until you add a GPU.

35 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I'm still dubious about the 5700G iGPU delivering the frame rate you would want to be competitive in a game like CoD, but maybe. Consider lots of benchmarks on that.

It's better. Since you have a bit of room left in the budget, I seriously would get a nicer case than the Q300L now. You could also still save money by dropping down to a 2TB HDD. You could also conceivably save money by getting a lower wattage PSU, although this one leaves some headroom if upgrade the system later. 

is this better  btw can u help me find a cheaper cpu https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LpF6Bj

31 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

That seems better than the original one you posted IMO, and will give you some games to play while you wait for a dedicated GPU, if you want.

But you gotta understand you would have to make some sacrifices like lowering the graphics detail in some games and you wont be able to run the newest/more demanding ones until you add a GPU.

Oh ok btw tysm for all the feedback

Just now, mustafa654 said:

Oh ok btw tysm for all the feedback

No problem.

Also, I dont know that motherboard but make sure it comes ready for Ryzen 3rd gen, their official site says they do though.

As for the PSU, dont go below 650W if you plan to add a GPU later on, and even with 650W it would limit you to 3070 and lower

31 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

No problem.

Also, I dont know that motherboard but make sure it comes ready for Ryzen 3rd gen, their official site says they do though.

As for the PSU, dont go below 650W if you plan to add a GPU later on, and even with 650W it would limit you to 3070 and lower

Oh ok

8 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

is this better  btw can u help me find a cheaper cpu https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LpF6Bj

Hmm. They're still selling 1050 ti's new?

If you have a discrete GPU, then the Ryzen 5 5600 (not the 5600G) would be faster than the 5700G and cheaper... the pricetag of the 5600G and 5700G comes from them having decent (relatively) integrated graphics, but there's no need for that if you have a card.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

28 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If you have a discrete GPU, then the Ryzen 5 5600 (not the 5600G) would be faster than the 5700G and cheaper... the pricetag of the 5600G and 5700G comes from them having decent (relatively) integrated graphics, but there's no need for that if you have a card.

Ok and idk if they still sstill sell 1050 ti btw should i get 650watt psu?

Two options you could go with. First option, entry level CPU with used GPU:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($76.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 Rev2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Video Card  ($160.00) 
Case: Cougar MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $783.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-06 17:36 EDT-0400

Links for ebay listings:

1060:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/314018172105?epid=16019365474&hash=item491cf10cc9:g:-aIAAOSw94lilh3w

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1060&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=1

1070 (if you're willing to spend a bit more):

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/155018047074?epid=10021692042&hash=item2417cbae62:g:oeMAAOSwIYdiYvhT

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/284837207578?epid=3026516505&hash=item42519ede1a:g:OmsAAOSwIWFiinKw

2nd Option, iGPU build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($359.99 @ Memory Express) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($137.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($76.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 Rev2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Case: Cougar MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $862.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-06 17:47 EDT-0400

This one just needs a good GPU to be an awesome PC in the future

30 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Btw the ryzen 5 5600 is more expensive then the 5600g and 5600g has better specs

1 minute ago, mustafa654 said:

Ok and idk if they still sstill sell 1050 ti btw should i get 650watt psu?

The 1050 ti was an entry-level card from like 5-6 years ago... it appears in your list that Canada Computers is still selling them new, but for the price it's hard to justify it.

If you could stretch the budget to $900, we could go the Intel i3 route like I suggested earlier and then have the budget left to get an actually respectable GPU:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rJqfpH

This RX 6600 will mop the floor with the 1050 ti or any of the cards I suggested with the smaller budget before.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

29 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The 1050 ti was an entry-level card from like 5-6 years ago... it appears in your list that Canada Computers is still selling them new, but for the price it's hard to justify it.

If you could stretch the budget to $900, we could go the Intel i3 route like I suggested earlier and then have the budget left to get an actually respectable GPU:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rJqfpH

This RX 6600 will mop the floor with the 1050 ti or any of the cards I suggested with the smaller budget before.

Is this better then my old one completely or only for cod if its only for cod i will just save 100$ and go for Ryzen 7 5700g route but if completely better i will go for youre route

5 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

Btw the ryzen 5 5600 is more expensive then the 5600g and 5600g has better specs

The 5600 is cheaper than the 5700G you had ($229 on Canadian PCpartpicker compared to $313), is equal to or slightly faster than either the 5600G or 5700G in gaming, and has more modern features like PCIe 4.0 support. Since you don't need the extra cores of the 5700G, the 5600 is a no-brainer choice here if you have a discrete GPU. 

The 5600 is cheaper than the 5700G you had ($229 on Canadian PCpartpicker compared to $313), is equal to or slightly faster than either the 5600G or 5700G in gaming, and has more modern features like PCIe 4.0 support. Since you don't need the extra cores of the 5700G, the 5600 is a no-brainer choice here if you have a discrete GPU. 

Ik but i was asking if the gpu route is just better for CoD or is it completely better in everything

3 minutes ago, mustafa654 said:

Is this better then my old one completely or only for cod if its only for cod i will just save 100$ and go for Ryzen 7 5700g route but if completely better i will go for youre route

It is overwhelmingly better in any game than any of your Ryzen APU lists. GPU will be the main determining factor of performance in most games, and the RX 6600 completely annihilates either the 1050 ti or the integrated graphics in the Ryzen APU's. 

The only area the 5700G might be better is if you were using the PC for workstation stuff that could make use of the 5700G having more cores and threads than the i3, but you haven't mentioned doing any of that. 

It is overwhelmingly better in any game than any of your Ryzen APU lists. GPU will be the main determining factor of performance in most games, and the RX 6600 completely annihilates either the 1050 ti or the integrated graphics in the Ryzen APU's. 

The only area the 5700G might be better is if you were using the PC for workstation stuff that could make use of the 5700G having more cores and threads than the i3, but you haven't mentioned doing any of that. 

Oh sorry i forgot i might also draw with it in adobe

Oh sorry i forgot i might also draw with it in adobe

Nah. For workloads that would actually benefit from additional cores I'm talking about stuff like intensive video editing and rendering. 

Nah. For workloads that would actually benefit from additional cores I'm talking about stuff like intensive video editing and rendering. 

Oh ok but 100$ is alot btw dont i need 650 watt psu wich is gonna make this whole build even more expensive?

Oh ok but 100$ is alot btw dont i need 650 watt psu wich is gonna make this whole build even more expensive?

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/radeon-rx-6600-review,5.html

RX 6600 could get by with a 550W PSU, maybe even less. Of course you shouldn't buy just any PSU based on wattage alone, you want to make sure you have a good quality unit. 

Whether $100 is a lot depends on how you look at it. As a percentage of your total budget, yes - going from $800 to $900 is a 12.5% increase. In terms of what you get for your dollar though, you're probably looking at double the gaming performing going with the RX 6600 or more. Click through the other pages in that Guru3D review I linked above where they compare to other cards in games, and look at the 6600 frame rates and syntheticc benchmark scores compared to the 1050 ti (where the 1050 ti even makes it on to the chart). 

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/radeon-rx-6600-review,5.html

RX 6600 could get by with a 550W PSU, maybe even less. Of course you shouldn't buy just any PSU based on wattage alone, you want to make sure you have a good quality unit. 

Whether $100 is a lot depends on how you look at it. As a percentage of your total budget, yes - going from $800 to $900 is a 12.5% increase. In terms of what you get for your dollar though, you're probably looking at double the gaming performing going with the RX 6600 or more. Click through the other pages in that Guru3D review I linked above where they compare to other cards in games, and look at the 6600 frame rates and syntheticc benchmark scores compared to the 1050 ti (where the 1050 ti even makes it on to the chart). 

Oh ok ill try to expand my budget by 100$ if possible

Woah this build keeps evolving.

If you can get a RX6600 then the'd be great, sacrifice the HHD if needed, its $89 and you can add more drives later when you need them.

1 minute ago, Jorgemeister said:

Woah this build leeps evolving.

If you can get a RX6600 then the'd be great, sacrifice the HHD if needed, its $89 and you can add more drives later when you need them.

That would be an easy way to free up almost a hundred bucks. Since OP started with a 4TB drive, I assumed they must have some reason for wanting lots of local storage so I only suggested cutting it to 2TB instead of eliminating it outright.

In fairness, 500GB doesn't amount to much with the way modern game install footprints are going. CoD Warzone by itself will eat up over 20% of that. 

34 minutes ago, Middcore said:

That would be an easy way to free up almost a hundred bucks. Since OP started with a 4TB drive, I assumed they must have some reason for wanting lots of local storage so I only suggested cutting it to 2TB instead of eliminating it outright.

In fairness, 500GB doesn't amount to much with the way modern game install footprints are going. CoD Warzone by itself will eat up over 20% of that. 

so what should i get just a 1tb hdd without any ssd?

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If I were him i'd remove both and get a Western Digital Green 960 GB M.2-2280, add more drives later if needed.

I still dont think going with the r7 5700G is a bad route to keep gaming while waiting saving for a GPU, I did that for some good 4 months until the GPU proces went down enough, The game selection is limited but IMO and for me, better than waiting.

so what should i get just a 1tb hdd without any ssd?

I mean, if you can get by with just the SSD for now that's what I would do. The price difference between a 1TB HDD and a 2TB is only a few bucks. Were you planning on installing games on the HDD, or is it more for storing your library of media and stuff?

I mean, if you can get by with just the SSD for now that's what I would do. The price difference between a 1TB HDD and a 2TB is only a few bucks. Were you planning on installing games on the HDD, or is it more for storing your library of media and stuff?

installing media and stuff