QUESTION: Can you transmit data over the internet to a website using Zigbee?

Good day, everyone! I am working on my final project for my university and a part of it needs to transfer the data captured from sensors to a website. I am wondering if it is possible to use Zigbee for that particular matter or maybe there is another efficient way to do it? Thank you!

It's possible. Look up Zigbee2Mqtt and you'll find what you need. You'll need an MQTT broker and some way to visualize data, such as Node Red. It's been years, so I can't give you more specific info, but this should give you some pointers at least.

5 minutes ago, Bwixbwixbwix said:

Good day, everyone! I am working on my final project for my university and a part of it needs to transfer the data captured from sensors to a website. I am wondering if it is possible to use Zigbee for that particular matter or maybe there is another efficient way to do it? Thank you!

You'll need a device that can act as a gateway between your zigbee network and the actual internet, such as a raspberry pi, esp32 or other device that can interface with both zigbee and regular internet.

You can't send data from a zigbee-only device straight to the internet.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

24 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

It's possible. Look up Zigbee2Mqtt and you'll find what you need. You'll need an MQTT broker and some way to visualize data, such as Node Red. It's been years, so I can't give you more specific info, but this should give you some pointers at least.

I'll look into it! Thank you for this!

21 minutes ago, igormp said:

You'll need a device that can act as a gateway between your zigbee network and the actual internet, such as a raspberry pi, esp32 or other device that can interface with both zigbee and regular internet.

You can't send data from a zigbee-only device straight to the internet.

Thank you for your insight! My professor was the one who recommended to use zigbee to connect to the internet, and I was very confused about her suggestion. Have a nice day!