Case for Noctua 3070 vertical GPU mounting

NF-A12x25

Hey there! I’m looking for a white or beige case I can mount my Noctua 3070 (a 4-slot card with a 2-slot bracket) in vertically. My current case is an O11 Air Mini; I don’t believe I can mount my GPU in there with the vertical kit sold by Lian Li. Ideally it has a tempered glass panel so I can see my precious owl and very good airflow. I have an NH-D15 so hopefully it would fit with that too, but if the cooler is too big I can buy a U12A to replace it.

I’ve been looking at the Core P6 TG (Snow) by Thermaltake, as well as the O11D XL by Lian Li (I would rather not spend over $175 on a case though)

Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Best vertical gpu mount cases right now are the lian li 011d evo and the hate y60 I would say the y60 since it comes with a riser cable and you can vertical gpu mount without any extra kits and its a really good looking case.

8 hours ago, 4PcBuilder said:

Best vertical gpu mount cases right now are the lian li 011d evo and the hate y60 I would say the y60 since it comes with a riser cable and you can vertical gpu mount without any extra kits and its a really good looking case.

O11D Evo and Hyte y60 both would choke the GPU right against the glass if it fit at all- this is a four-slot card. Thanks for the recommendation; the only cases that I’ve found that it can mount in far enough back is the Thermaltake Core series and the O11D XL.  Hoping for recommendations of similar cases that I can mount it in without worrying about bad airflow… might just have to bite the bullet and grab a Core P6 or P8, or an O11D XL

Cooler Master MasterCase SL600M

Cooler Master MasterCase SL600M is the top rated vertical gpu mount i would have to guess and alot of air from 2x 200mm fans but you would need an aio and case cost a bit. the exhaust too looks kinda iffy imo

but you can buy gpu mounts that also just mount to the floor or off the pci slot.

there are other ones but hard to find on ammazon...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Cooler Master MasterCase SL600M is the top rated vertical gpu mount i would have to guess and alot of air from 2x 200mm fans but you would need an aio and case cost a bit. the exhaust too looks kinda iffy imo

but you can buy gpu mounts that also just mount to the floor or off the pci slot.

Thanks so much! The SL600M looks perfect. Hopefully I can find one used on eBay for less, otherwise I might go with one of the other ones I’d found, but that’s gone straight to the top of my list. 

On 6/10/2022 at 6:37 AM, thrasher_565 said:

This case is indeed abour as good as it gets for vertical gpu mounting but is prettt terrible for aio coolers. The best thing to do is find a cpu cooler that does bottom to top exhaust here. There are still some of those out there.

Other than that a thermaltake core p3 or p5 with the glass taken off will also do the trick.

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

This case is indeed abour as good as it gets for vertical gpu mounting but is prettt terrible for aio coolers. The best thing to do is find a cpu cooler that does bottom to top exhaust here. There are still some of those out there.

Other than that a thermaltake core p3 or p5 with the glass taken off will also do the trick.

I have an NH-D15, so it’ll do great with that. Unfortunately I can’t find one anywhere in silver… might just custom paint a black one Noctua colors.

12 hours ago, NF-A12x25 said:

I have an NH-D15, so it’ll do great with that. Unfortunately I can’t find one anywhere in silver… might just custom paint a black one Noctua colors.

Might as well at that point. Jays2cents got a good few paint tutorials out there if you need to learn out doing this still.

could probably vinyl rap it..

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

20 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

could probably vinyl rap it..

good idea!