Did I receive a fake GPU or I'm missing something obvious? Zotac RTX 3060 TI

Hey everybody,

So I'm not at my first build, but I had issues fitting my new GPU into my PCIE slot. I then noticed that I did not have any physical ports (DP or HDMI) on the GPU, and that the connection to the motherboard is only black plastic.
Is this a fake GPU that Amazon just shipped me or am I missing something that I need to remove? It was sold and shipped by them amazon.

Thanks!

20220607_183430_resized.jpg

20220607_183437_resized.jpg

20220607_183453_resized.jpg

20220607_183458_resized.jpg

20220607_183520_resized.jpg

20220607_183529_resized.jpg

Umm that PCB looks 3d printed, lol..

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

How much did you pay?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Ya got scammed. Call up Amazon and explain to them what happened. Someone stole the PCB of the card (the part that's actually worth money), 3D printed a replica, returned it, and you were the unlucky guy who happened to get it. 

It may be a manufacturing sample that's made it out in to the wild

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Are there any Zotac reps we can tag here?

Thanks guys, it was $650 CAD from amazon canada. Sold and shipped by them, not used or warehouse deal... Box was looking sealed from factory...

Not sure if I can trust amazon from now on when buying new.

Just now, Merigot said:

Thanks guys, it was $650 CAD from amazon canada. Sold and shipped by them, not used or warehouse deal... Box was looking sealed from factory...

Not sure if I can trust amazon from now on when buying new.

Like i said if it's sealed from the factory it may be an 'fit and finish' board that's made it through the channels

I mean my understanding of amazon is they dont actually SELL anything

its always other people selling through amazon?

Wow! Just WOW!

Contact Amazon and get your money back.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

9 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Like i said if it's sealed from the factory it may be an 'fit and finish' board that's made it through the channels

It can be sealed from someones kitchen too.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

It’s either a fake gpu or a manufacturing mock-up, though I’m 99% positive in the circumstances you got it that it’s a fake.

The 1% being that somebody in a QC lab accidentally tossed a mock up base into a box which somehow ended up in a pile of retail cards for shipping.

Which happens more than you’d think, namely with laptops oddly enough, where showroom examples or pre production shells with fake internals end up in consumer hands.

Contact Amazon, get a replacement immediately.

What's getting me is why steal just the board? If it's a member of the public and a 'dodgy' return then it wouldn't be sealed.  OK, someone MAY have gotten the card, opened the box, taken the card out, disasembled the card, stolen the circuit board, printed a fake board, reasembled the card, put it back in the box, sealed the box like factory new and then sold it on amazon.  I doubt it however

EDIT:

The lengths watercooler enthusiasts will go to get a bare PCB....smh

I don't know if this means anything, but I just noticed that the Serial Number on the box and on the card is not the same.

We'll probably never know the full story behind this card. I contacted Zotac chat support after creating this thread, and got told to report this to amazon. Nothing more.

Edit: Thanks again everyone!

Edited by Merigot
Forgot to be polite

22 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

EDIT:

The lengths watercooler enthusiasts will go to get a bare PCB....smh

Free GPU for the price of some filament a water-block I guess.

But if that was their goal, why do it on a 3060 rather than something more enthusiast tier?

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

1 hour ago, Hachi_Roku256563 said:

I mean my understanding of amazon is they dont actually SELL anything

its always other people selling through amazon?

Totally wrong.

1 hour ago, SimplyChunk said:

What's getting me is why steal just the board? If it's a member of the public and a 'dodgy' return then it wouldn't be sealed.  OK, someone MAY have gotten the card, opened the box, taken the card out, disasembled the card, stolen the circuit board, printed a fake board, reasembled the card, put it back in the box, sealed the box like factory new and then sold it on amazon.  I doubt it however

What I've seen people report in the past is ending up with a card where someone just swapped in the actual PCB from a lesser card with the same cooler design... taking advantage of the fact that Asus, just as one example, uses coolers that are (at least at a glance) visually identical for everything from a 3050 to a 3090 (or from a 580 to a 1080ti in previous gens).

Printing a fake board is honestly an insane amount of cartoonishly villainous effort, because now that I think about it, they probably could have gotten away with just returning the cooler. The people receiving the returns at Amazon don't know anything about GPU's. At most they would compare the item inside the box to the picture on the box, where obviously 90% of what you can see is the cooler, and never notice there's no PCB under it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

17 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Printing a fake board is honestly an insane amount of cartoonishly villainous effort

See that's why i'm saying it's more likely to be a factory cockup then anything else.  I've heard it said here.  Never put to malice something that can easily be explained by stupidity.  Or something like that.  the further fact that the 'fake' PCB even FITS the cooler cements by belief that what OP has is an engineering sample of the card.  Look at the shroud in the first pic.  it doesn't look like 'proper' RGB diffusers