Starlink RV

WarDance

Due to rising housing cost I now live in the middle of cornfield country with absolutely garbage frontier internet. I'm talking 10 down and 1.5 up. I know the Starlink RV is new, but has anyone seen any posted speeds of it during throttled high congestion standards starlink usage? Standard starlink isn't estimated to be available again in my area until 2023, by then I hope to live in a new spot but until then I need something better than frontier and not be limited by mobile hotspots data caps.

They offer free returns (of the hardware, you'd still need to pay for the 1 month you use it) so it's lower risk.

Not sure exactly what speeds you'd get (probably better than 10down/1.5up), so I'd say go for it.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I've seen a few peeps on youtube have some success with the original starlink, using it mobile before the RV version was released. Have a search on youtube, you're bound to find someone who has already done a review.  

I'm better at fixing people than PC's... For now. 

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

50 minutes ago, MedicTim78 said:

I've seen a few peeps on youtube have some success with the original starlink, using it mobile before the RV version was released. Have a search on youtube, you're bound to find someone who has already done a review.  

I've seen some reviews, but none that mention throttled speeds the RV option experiences during congestion.

Wouldn't "during congestion" only be if there were a lot of other users in your area, which there probably wouldn't be at the same time?

2 hours ago, WarDance said:

limited by mobile hotspots data caps.

T Mobile and Verizon both offer Home internet with no data caps. It might be better or easier to get then starlink. T Mobile for instance provides the gateway for free. The only issue is the service is tied to your address, meaning you cant take the gateway with you on the road. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.