3080ti & 3900x poor fps - MSFS2020

Hi All,

I am getting poor performance of 15-20 fps while playing MSFS2020 at 4K in condensed areas, and barely hitting 35 fps in light areas. I am not sure why is this happening.

below are my system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: Asus Rog Strix 3080TI OC

Ram: Ripjaws 32GB 3200Mhz C14

MoBo: Asus Crosshair Hero X370

I would really appreciate any feedback and help!

thank you!!

8 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

what exactly are your settings? 

Flight sim isnt exactly an easy app to run at 4k. IT has a ton of things it needs to load in and low FPS has been an issue for a lot of peps

Hey! Thank you for the reply. I have my settings optimized, a mix of high and ultra. However, I have seen reviews with this similar settings and 3080TIs getting up to 55 fps, thats why I am not sure what is going on with my system. 

10 minutes ago, Attar said:

Hey! Thank you for the reply. I have my settings optimized, a mix of high and ultra. However, I have seen reviews with this similar settings and 3080TIs getting up to 55 fps, thats why I am not sure what is going on with my system. 

are they using 12th gen or 5000 series ryzen? Those do offer a little bump at 4k. Other then that its probably just something with the settings cause if its not the identical build of the app, OS, Power targets, and such it cant be apples to apples. 

FS2020 is extremely sensitive to single-core performance. Tried switching to DX12?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

are they using 12th gen or 5000 series ryzen? Those do offer a little bump at 4k. Other then that its probably just something with the settings cause if its not the identical build of the app, OS, Power targets, and such it cant be apples to apples. 

Mostly 5000 series and 12th gens, but the gap seems to be so big, could it be my AM4 X370 chipset? PCIE 3.0 vs 4.0?

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

FS2020 is extremely sensitive to single-core performance. Tried switching to DX12?

Hey! Yeah, tried that but it the performance worsened.

1 minute ago, Attar said:

Mostly 5000 series and 12th gens, but the gap seems to be so big, could it be my AM4 X370 chipset? PCIE 3.0 vs 4.0?

Nah your Am4 x370 is within margin of error. PCIE 3.0 vs 4.0 Does not impact performance at all for the higher end GPUS. anything less then a few % is just margin of error. Its more then likely due to the faster CPUS of 12th gen or 5000 series, and whatever settings they have is the issue lol