[Poll]What's your preferred brand, AMD or Intel?

oh, if you say its going to be a poll. please make an actuall poll.

There was a poll, IFK where it went

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

I generally go with amd just because most ppl want budget pcs. With them switching over to apus, however, they better pick up their performance numbers or im leaving.

having no problem running my games above 60fps with my 8320, oc'ed to 4.2ghz

that said, I wish I still went Intel 2 years ago (had a 4100, awful cpu)

AMD being cheaper is a myth. Also the multithreading performance doesnt belong in a price/performance ratio when the majority uses a desktop mainly for gaming or browsing.

AMD being cheaper is a myth. Also the multithreading performance doesnt belong in a price/performance ratio when the majority uses a desktop mainly for gaming or browsing.

Intel core i3 4 cores @3.33GHz=$130

Amd fx 6350 6 cores @3.9GHz=$120

Yep. Amd is quite a bit cheaper.

Intel core i3 4 cores @3.33GHz=$130

Amd fx 6350 6 cores @3.9GHz=$120

Yep. Amd is quite a bit cheaper.

O really how much does a board for a 6350 cost? 60-80$. How much does a board cost for a i3? 40$

Intel is cheaper. And your prices are even wrong. The i3 is only 120$ and the 6350 is 140$: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu/#s=23,11

O really how much does a board for a 6350 cost? 60-80$. How much does a board cost for a i3? 40$

Intel is cheaper. And your prices are even wrong. The i3 is only 120$ and the 6350 is 140$: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu/#s=23,11

thats what the prices were two weeks ago when i checked for my computer repair teacher

thats what the prices were two weeks ago when i checked for my computer repair teacher

Sure have you covered anything about price/performance? Don't come here and put some multithreading performance over price because that makes zero sense for gamers.

Did this thread say anything specifically about gaming? No. This was just a general question about the cpus and what people preffered. Chill bro.

I'm going to be a special snowflake and say IBM.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm going to be a special snowflake and say IBM.

Is PowerPC still a thing? :o

Did this thread say anything specifically about gaming? No. This was just a general question about the cpus and what people preffered. Chill bro.

Sure have you covered anything about price/performance? Don't come here and put some multithreading performance over price because that makes zero sense for gamers.

Can we please keep our opinions to ourselves as this will just turn into pointless bickering over a piece of silicone. :(

These generic threads shouldn't be allowed as this happens every time and I've only been here a few months and it pops up often :o

Been using AMD since 1995 mainly due to the lower cost and suitable performance for that cost. I see no reason to spend more money for a few frames per second in games. That said I have used Intel twice in my lifetime, in 1997 and 1998 IIRC. The first time around was for the Pentium MMX 233Mhz (great price/performance for the time). Then I tried one of the slot load Celerons (horrible performance). Currently using an AMD A10-7850.

I also find the current Intel naming conventions too confusing. Haswell, Broadwell, Betamax, WTF?

Been using AMD since 1995 mainly due to the lower cost and suitable performance for that cost. I see no reason to spend more money for a few frames per second in games. That said I have used Intel twice in my lifetime, in 1997 and 1998 IIRC. The first time around was for the Pentium MMX 233Mhz (great price/performance for the time). Then I tried one of the slot load Celerons (horrible performance). Currently using an AMD A10-7850.

I also find the current Intel naming conventions too confusing. Haswell, Broadwell, Betamax, WTF?

Betamax?

Betamax?

A quick Google reveals they're a type of cassette tape :o

Pretty sure Skylake is the successor to Broadwell.

I do prefer AMDs name though, apart from some of the irony surrounding recent performance numbers.

Clawhammer, Propus, Brisbane, Deneb, Thuban, Zosma, Bulldozer and Piledriver.

Nice bunch of random names :)

A quick Google reveals they're a type of cassette tape :o

Pretty sure Skylake is the successor to Broadwell.

I do prefer AMDs name though, apart from some of the irony surrounding recent performance numbers.

Clawhammer, Propus, Brisbane, Deneb, Thuban, Zosma, Bulldozer and Piledriver.

Nice bunch of random names :)

Agreed :P They sound funny too

Right now, for what I desire out of my builds, intel is what I have been turning to lately. But I have no quarrels with amd. Their apus make great home/light gaming pcs.

I'm glad there's no arguing.

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

I actually have no brand preference......I had two nice rigs already, one with a 3960X and the other an X9650. I wanted to try something different, and there was a lot of talk about Vishera in the local tech forums, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon with an FX8350 build. I have no regrets as it handles games very well, and is great for ripping movies.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'd say intel is better for gaming because of single thread but seeing as all next gen consoles are amd powered and true multicore I think AMD'S divide and conquer strategy is gonna catch up really fast and they will start competing much better with Intel for gaming . Multicore performance I can already tell you AMD is Al ready head over heels better than most consumer grade intels just from a consistency factor where as all the intels I have used tend to prioritize what you are doing only and steal all the power from everything else. AMD user has priority but it still allows for other tasks to complete in a timely manner. I render 720 videos and play far cry 3 and get no noticeable difference in gaming render time. Maybe adds like 10-15 min. I play 6000x1080 res.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Personally I prefer AMD but that's just me

when  i have the money to spend i prefer to go intel but if i cant get a K part  it will have to be amd 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

AMD for budget, build your own PCs. Intel for extreme and premium built (eg. laptops) PCs.