Should i get 1060 6gb for 190 USD or 580 4gb for 180 USD or just wait?

bruh14

Alright, so i've been looking for a GPU upgrade for a while now. and I found a GTX 1060 6gb for 2.750.000 idr (around 190 USD) and an rx 580 4gb for 2.600.000 idr (around 180 USD). i dont know much about graphics cards and when exactly its a good deal or not and even computers in general. i currently have a gt 1030 so im looking for a quick upgrade. i have a budget of around 2.900.000 idr (around 200 USD).uh what else, i play apex legends, Shadow of the tomb raider, looking to play warzone in the future. so basically the question is which GPU should i buy or should i just wait for a better price

PC specs:

cpu: i3 9100F
ram: 8gb 2666mhz ram (2x4)
Mobo: h310m pro-vdh plus 

psu: msi mag a550bn

3 minutes ago, bruh14 said:

Alright, so i've been looking for a GPU upgrade for a while now. and I found a GTX 1060 6gb for 2.750.000 idr (around 190 USD) and an rx 580 4gb for 2.600.000 idr (around 180 USD). i dont know much about graphics cards and when exactly its a good deal or not and even computers in general. i currently have a gt 1030 so im looking for a quick upgrade. i have a budget of around 2.900.000 idr (around 200 USD).uh what else, i play apex legends, Shadow of the tomb raider, looking to play warzone in the future. so basically the question is which GPU should i buy or should i just wait for a better price

PC specs:

definitely the 1060 6gb is better

Without knowing what the market is like in Indonesia, it's hard for me to say for sure whether or not that's a good deal. What I can say is that those two cards perform very similarly, and you should look up some benchmarks online to see how they will perform in the games you want to play. ~4 years ago when I bought my 1060 6GB, I seem to remember the 1060 pulling ahead of the 580 on average in the games I liked to play, but that was a while ago now. 

Ultimately, my recommendation is to look up some benchmarks, and decide if that amount of performance is worth that amount of money to you, personally.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

3 minutes ago, Alireza said:

Mm, no, it's not.

Anyway to @bruh14 without knowing what prices of comparable newer cards are like in Indonesia, it's impossible for us to give a confident answer, but those prices strike me as unimpressive. These cards are 5-6 years old and had an MSRP of about $250 USD when they were new. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Mm, no, it's not.

Anyway to @bruh14 without knowing what prices of comparable newer cards are like in Indonesia, it's impossible for us to give a confident answer, but those prices strike me as unimpressive. These cards are 5-6 years old and had an MSRP of about $250 USD when they were new. 

uhm, i could give you prices of a bunch of newer cards if you want. and is there any other cards that i should look out for? 
im trying to get atleast 100 fps in apex low settings on 1080p. 

You can look at prices for GTX 1660 variants. Such as GTX 1660 Super.

Then you have RTX 2060 and 3050.

AMD RX5500XT and 5600XT.

I would think these are all more expensive. Some much more expensive.

With your original alternatives I would probably go 1060. Performance wise they are neck and neck in many titles. But 2GB extra vram might come in handy some day.

44 minutes ago, TheStyne said:

Without knowing what the market is like in Indonesia, it's hard for me to say for sure whether or not that's a good deal. What I can say is that those two cards perform very similarly, and you should look up some benchmarks online to see how they will perform in the games you want to play. ~4 years ago when I bought my 1060 6GB, I seem to remember the 1060 pulling ahead of the 580 on average in the games I liked to play, but that was a while ago now. 

Ultimately, my recommendation is to look up some benchmarks, and decide if that amount of performance is worth that amount of money to you, personally.

39 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Mm, no, it's not.

48 minutes ago, bruh14 said:

PC specs:

There is a few things that needed to be kept in mind when it comes to buying stuffs here in Indonesia:
1. No refund policy, if the item works as intended (no factory defect), you can't return it. (So no, you can't return it or claim RMA just because it doesn't work well with your CPU or something). If they test that it is working with their setup, then they at most will just replace your unit, most often they will just return the same unit back. No, there will be no refund no matter what. At most they will ask if you want to add some money so they can send you a higher tier.
2. MSRP is always obsolete, especially so in current era.

3. RMA is pretty much crap, as in, if you buy from distributor A then you can only claim RMA from A, not from B. Any else from A will outright reject your RMA.

My suggestion for @bruh14, is that if you don't want or not the type to tinker or troubleshoot, just the the nvidia one. IMHO, less likely to be problematic. And most often easier to sell 2nd hand if you want to sell it later. Pretty sure anything AMD pre 5000s era is kinda looked down upon, both CPU and GPU.

They are not a good price, but we are still in the era of price jacking (at the very least in this country)
And, make sure any you pick are new item, and from good distributor of the brand you choose, be it asus, gigabyte, msi, evga, etc.
Trying to RMA a defective unit from a shit distributor is highly annoying, takes a damn long time and effort.
Side note : Try to avoid Zotac and or other whatever brand (Digital Alliance, etc), I heard too many bad crap about their distributor here in Indonesia.

But yeah, research about what you want to use it for and whether or not it can achieve what you want.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

33 minutes ago, Alireza said:

It certainly is not.

I'd say wait for it. Miners should be dumping cards in the upcoming months leading to ETH merge, August earliest, probably October latest.

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄