How do I enable wifi for my new pc?

AsianManiax

I've been trying to figure out how to enable the wifi for my newly built pc but the only thing showing is the ethereal.

I've already plugged in the antennas and the motherboard is the tomahawk z690 wifi 

Have you tried downloading the drivers for it yet? You can find the Intel Wifi driver here. If you don't have ethernet available to you, you can download the drivers on another computer and transfer them using a USB drive

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

36 minutes ago, TheStyne said:

Have you tried downloading the drivers for it yet? You can find the Intel Wifi driver here. If you don't have ethernet available to you, you can download the drivers on another computer and transfer them using a USB drive

I've got the driver usb inserted into the pc and double clicked on the USB file and I have a thing now called dvd drive (E:) what do I do from here?

16540994362526710529978569451129.jpg

1 minute ago, AsianManiax said:

I've got the driver usb inserted into the pc and double clicked on the USB file and I have a thing now called dvd drive (E:) what do I do from here?

16540994362526710529978569451129.jpg

Sorry, I'm not sure what file you downloaded. Here's a direct download link for the wifi driver, specifically. Then you want to unzip the file, put it on your USB drive, and then on your new computer go to "The name of your USB drive"\WT\UWD\Win64\Installer and run WirelessSetup.exe. If you need more help, let me know!

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

Assess your BIOS/UEFI and make sure that onboard wan card is enabled.

Also, check device manager go into the network adapters section to see if your computer recognizes the wireless adapter.

Check to see if you have any unknown devices in device managers as well, if there's something there look up the hardware Id.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304