New Laptop and games run like shit

byllerty

Hello i have a lenovo ideapadgaming 3 ryzen 5 5600h and gtx 1650 and 8 gigs of ddr4 3200mgh only 6 usable and games like team fortress 2 minecraft and fallout new vegas run like shit i have all the driver up to date,chipset and bios.All the games stutter like hell, nothing works i tried everthing. My pc even got cleand and new thermal paste 3 days ago and nothing changed and a new installation of windows. Is it a ram problem becose my pc when not loading staff like chrome is using 4 gigs of ram and i'm left only whit 2 is that the problem ram bottelnecking? the laptop have 256 ssd (windows and some games) 

Try opening task manager while running a game, or better, set up MSI Afterburner during the game and check usage across your CPU, GPU and RAM. Also check for thermal throttling. Here is a video on how to set up MSI Afterburner: 

Xi Jinping loves LTT (trust me).

Everything I say is true, unless it's false.

Assuming it can be expanded, getting another 8GB of ram into it would be a nice step. If it only has 1x8 currently then you not only get the extra ram by putting in another 8, but also dual channel mode. It will almost certainly be using JEDEC standard ram and try to buy same (Crucial), and NOT XMP ram as it likely wont work at full speed.

Make sure it is using the 1650 and not the APU.

1 - Don't know if the setting is available in that model, but see if you can set and use the 1650 only in bios. I think it is something like discrete mode not dynamic mode. This will save the 2GB of ram the AMD APU reserves for itself. Do NOT try to do this by disabling in windows, only do it through the bios. If not available, you may be able to reduce the 2GB reserved although the bios warns against it. Don't know if that may have an impact.

2 - There some windows settings somewhere - make sure it is set to prefer the 1650 if you leave the APU enabled.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

what windows settings? and txh for the help man,

is this good

Screenshot_20220529-190941_Chrome.jpg