Need suggestions to build my first PC for gaming and productivity. My budget is USD$2000-$2200 (CPU only)

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nope, the Aero G does not have x8/x8 support. The Aero D does, but that board is DDR5 only. 

The X370 Taichi, as well as most mid range to high end boards from ~4 years ago, do have SLI and x8/x8 support, but they use Gen 3 PCIe switches which are significantly cheaper than their Gen 4 counterparts and even cheaper than their Gen 5 counterparts. It's just not possible to have a board less than ~$400 with x8/x8 support. 

Okay, so now the best idea is to stick with 1 powerful GPU? No Sli or Crossfire?

If yes, then can you suggest me a best motherboard that has DDR4 and Wifi? 

12 minutes ago, bamboobuddy said:

thanks, yeah you’re correct. I was just confused.

Okay, so now the best idea is to stick with 1 powerful GPU? No Sli or Crossfire?

2 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

Well, I like the Gigabyte z690 Aero G DDR4 (which has Wi-Fi)

Definitely no SLI or Crossfire is the best way to go, both are outdated.

Yes, the idea is to stick with 1 GPU. SLI/Crossfire has been dead outside competitive benchmarking for 2-3 years at least anyway, no games support it, so it would be pointless anyway.

As for the board, I usually recommend the MSI Z690-A Pro DDR4 WiFi. It's pretty cheap and is a great board for the price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/69q6Bj

CPU: Intel 12th Gen Core i7-12700K Alder Lake Processor 

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm AIO Liquid

Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 12th Gen

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 *4

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING Z TRIO LHR

SSD1: Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe SSD

SSD2: Samsung 870 QVO 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850 850 Watt 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Chassis: Asus TUF Gaming GT501 White Edition Mid Tower

Case fan: CORSAIR ICUE SP120 RGB ELITE Fan White Triple Pack

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($391.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING AURAFLOW X 360 SNOW 74.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Extreme4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL Orion RGB AMD Edition 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($65.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL Orion RGB AMD Edition 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($65.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage(os): Crucial MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($43.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage(storemi): ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($42.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage(storemi): Seagate SkyHawk AI 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($194.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB VENTUS 3X PLUS OC Video Card  ($779.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: In Win 303 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($135.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2060.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-12 05:58 EDT-0400

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2dD4Nc

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360 74.82 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($82.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($146.99 @ Corsair) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB VENTUS 3X PLUS OC Video Card  ($779.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $2019.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-12 07:14 EDT-0400

Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe SSD - 99 
Samsung 870 QVO 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD 88 €
99 € + 88 € = 187 € that totally not worth than you can get Samsung 970 Evo 2 TB Nvme just for  207 € You will get extra 500 Gb just for 20 € more not even talk that NVMe is way faster than SATA SSD.

I don't think that RTX 3070 is good deal than you can add 150-200  and get 3080 that is way better.
Not sure is even worth go 12700K if you not do OC that extra OC have almost no difference in games anyway. Probably better choose is 12700F and money that you save from CPU add for GPU and get 3080 you will have way better FPS in games with 3080 + 12700F than 3070 + 12700K

Btw if you buy from MSI GPU don't buy Ventus they have terrible cooler. They are cheap but very terrible quality you will run almost all time close too temp limit with MSI ventus and you have no room for any OC.

• 2 weeks later...

PCPARTPICKER > https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GfRfmr

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm AIO
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 Intel 12th Gen ATX Motherboard

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 X4

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 10GB LHR OC V2

Case fan: CORSAIR ICUE SP120 RGB ELITE Fan White Triple Pack
Chassis: Asus TUF Gaming GT501 White Edition Mid Tower (Comes with 3 RGB and 1 non RGB fans)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bNDrcb

Basically the same thing for about 600 dollars less without losing the white theme

I wouldn't recommend oc with 12gen because the perfromance gained is pretty minimal 

Same 32 gigs of ram except in a 2x16 instead of a 4x8 for better upgradibility 

I'd just go full m.2 storage instead of a really expensive 500gb drive if you want 2tb that's Also pretty doable

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3wgFf7/adata-xpg-gammix-s5-2-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-agammixs5-2tt-c

That 3080 on your list is also really expensive for no reason so I put a cheaper one

Case with more airflow than the one you put in while looking nicer imo

7 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bNDrcb

Basically the same thing for about 600 dollars less without losing the white theme

I wouldn't recommend oc with 12gen because the perfromance gained is pretty minimal 

Same 32 gigs of ram except in a 2x16 instead of a 4x8 for better upgradibility 

I'd just go full m.2 storage instead of a really expensive 500gb drive if you want 2tb that's Also pretty doable

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3wgFf7/adata-xpg-gammix-s5-2-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-agammixs5-2tt-c

That 3080 on your list is also really expensive for no reason so I put a cheaper one

Case with more airflow than the one you put in while looking nicer imo

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion. It really saves $600.

But can you tell me if I don't change anything on the list, will there be a compatibility issue? Also How to sync the RGB fans?

Thanks.

But can you tell me if I don't change anything on the list, will there be a compatibility issue? Also How to sync the RGB fans?

Thanks.

Worst think I could probably think of is that the cooler wouldn't have enough clearance from the ram. It could probably be solved by either getting a 240 aio and mounting it on the top of the Case or to get low profile ram for better clearance.

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820236737

You can sync the fans by using corsairs icue software when you have all the fans set up.

I'd recommend  a commander xt for better ease of use/cable management 

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-COMMANDER-Digital-Lighting-Controller/dp/B09GHTMJMY/ref=asc_df_B09GHTMJMY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=546914260534&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4060370034429838761&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028086&hvtargid=pla-1439319051031&psc=1

I have the case and the cooler. There's enough space for the cooler and the ram. Actually there's enough space to fit 360 AIO with 6 120 fans. If there are not any other compatibility issues, then I am only worried with the fans syncing. That AIO comes with a commander core. The case comes with 4 Asus fans. So I am thinking how to connect and sync them.

8 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

So I am thinking how to connect and sync them.

Hmm. I know asus uses a different software ( aura sync) then corsair (icue software). I've heard about signalrgb although I've never used it personally. Something similar to that might be able to work

I understand that 6 Corsair fans will be plugged in the commander core ( both Fans + RGB). But I am confused where to plug the 4 Asus fans. Can you tell?

13 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

But I am confused where to plug the 4 Asus fans

Make sure to quote me or anyone else from now on so we can get notifications. You can just plug the 4 asus fans into the 4pin connectors on the motherboard.

10 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

Make sure to quote me or anyone else from now on so we can get notifications. You can just plug the 4 asus fans into the 4pin connectors on the motherboard.

Sure. As you know, Asus TUF gaming GT501 case comes with 4 fans (3 RGB and 1 non-RGB). I can see that 3 RGB fans, each one fan has 2 cables. One cable ends with 3 pin and other one with 4 pin. The 4th non RGB fan has only one cable ends with 4 pin. Can you tell me which pin goes where on the Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 motherboard? Thanks!

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 12th Gen

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 X4

GPU: ASUS RTX3080 ROG STRIX GAMING OC LHR

Case fan: Corsair ML120 PRO RGB LED Case Fan 3 Fans
Chassis: Asus TUF Gaming GT501 White Edition Mid Tower

Overall? Id drop the ML Pro fans, they arent worth the price. Honestly you probably dont need a 4.0 NVME drive, get a 1 TB 3.0 NVME for the same price.

Other then that, id honestly reccomend you get the 1000 Watt version of  that PSU, since the transient spikes may cause issues with that PSU, but if you seem to not crash at all with it then stick with it 🙂 But if you notice your computer crashes while under heavy load, thats probably why

Case has poor ventilation I'd really change that.

you can get much better rgb fans for less like arctic p series rgb or arctic bionix.

qvo drives are beyond slow. Just spend the money on 1 big ssd. Like a 970 evo.

Other than that it's good.

-= Topics Merged =-

Hi @Jubair BD, your 5 topics have been merged. There is no need to post 5 topics on the same subject about your new build. Pease keep your conversation to the same thread so you and other members are not repeating the same conversation and repeating the same suggestions. Thank you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER