Need suggestions to build my first PC for gaming and productivity. My budget is USD$2000-$2200 (CPU only)

Budget (including currency): USD $2000 - $2200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and Adobe creative programs.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc.): 

Hi all awesome people who are helping us to build our dream PC! I want to build my first PC with a budget of USD$2000-$2200. I will use it for gaming and productivity. I will use the Adobe programs such as Photoshop, premiere pro, after effects etc. Can you guys help me with your valuable suggestions about which components I should choose and it should be the best option? Thanks a lot for the help!

(Pic for Attention)

Untitled-1.jpg

What stores are you buying from?

Something like this is usually good. Might be worth going for 32gb RAM if you think you need it. If you want to save money you could get a cheaper cooler like a Freezer 34 eSports. You could also change to the 12700F but some of your applications can use the iGPU and it's also useful for troubleshooting.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($334.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.13 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING iCX3 Video Card  ($1197.99 @ EVGA) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2142.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-28 17:12 EDT-0400

8 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What stores are you buying from?

Something like this is usually good. Might be worth going for 32gb RAM if you think you need it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($334.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.13 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING iCX3 Video Card  ($1197.99 @ EVGA) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2142.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-28 17:12 EDT-0400

Hi Pixelfie! Thank you very much for your valuable comment. Once I finalize the components I will buy them from our local computer shops in Bangladesh. The local price of the parts might be slightly higher than the international price.

May I tell you a few of my liking parts? I was thinking about a MSI or Gigabyte graphics cards, NZXT Kraken X73 CPU cooler and 4 sticks of ram total 32GB. I do not have deep knowledge of PC building, I just found these parts to be cool. Thank you very much again! I really appreciate your help!

20 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

Hi Pixelfie! Thank you very much for your valuable comment. Once I finalize the components I will buy them from our local computer shops in Bangladesh. The local price of the parts might be slightly higher than the international price.

May I tell you a few of my liking parts? I was thinking about a MSI or Gigabyte graphics cards, NZXT Kraken X73 CPU cooler and 4 sticks of ram total 32GB. I do not have deep knowledge of PC building, I just found these parts to be cool. Thank you very much again! I really appreciate your help!

If the parts above don't fit in the budget you could change the GPU to a 3070 Ti or 3080. Both are still great and usually cheaper.

I've had both MSI and Gigabyte GPU's. MSI has been great for me, Gigabyte has been horrible. My MSI GPU has decent temps and is very quiet. The Gigabyte one hits 85c all of the time while thermal throttling with the fans spinning above 90% and the left fan rattles badly. The MSI is a Gaming X 5500 XT and the Gigabyte is a 2060, so a generation old meaning things might have changed. I would still buy MSI, especially with all these horror stories about Gigabyte RMA and their QC problems.

The X73 would be fine, but usually expensive, so it's up to you if you want to buy it or not.

4x8gb would be fine. Make sure to get a motherboard that supports DDR4 and DDR4 RAM, DDR5 isn't better atm while costing more. Also make sure to get at least CL16 3200mhz, and if you see 3600mhz CL18 it's not faster than 3200mhz CL16.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($307.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S redux 70.75 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($283.75 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($799.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1989.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-28 18:40 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

58 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

If the parts above don't fit in the budget you could change the GPU to a 3070 Ti or 3080. Both are still great and usually cheaper.

I've had both MSI and Gigabyte GPU's. MSI has been great for me, Gigabyte has been horrible. My MSI GPU has decent temps and is very quiet. The Gigabyte one hits 85c all of the time while thermal throttling with the fans spinning above 90% and the left fan rattles badly. The MSI is a Gaming X 5500 XT and the Gigabyte is a 2060, so a generation old meaning things might have changed. I would still buy MSI, especially with all these horror stories about Gigabyte RMA and their QC problems.

The X73 would be fine, but usually expensive, so it's up to you if you want to buy it or not.

4x8gb would be fine. Make sure to get a motherboard that supports DDR4 and DDR4 RAM, DDR5 isn't better atm while costing more. Also make sure to get at least CL16 3200mhz, and if you see 3600mhz CL18 it's not faster than 3200mhz CL16.

I can not thank you enough for your valuable comments. I am learning new things and I feel very relaxed to get expert opinion of yours. I will surely ignore Gigabyte GPU. I was thinking about the MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8GB GDDR6X. For the CPU can you share your opinion about these 3 Processors? 

Intel Core i7-12700K

Intel Core i9-11900K

Intel Core i7-12700

Thanks a lot!

34 minutes ago, brob said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($307.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S redux 70.75 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($283.75 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($799.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1989.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-28 18:40 EDT-0400

Hi Brob! I can not thank you enough for your valuable suggestion. I have a question. If I change the CPU with Intel Core i7-12700K and the CPU cooler with NZXT Kraken X73, what will you say about it?

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable time.

1 hour ago, Jubair BD said:

Hi Brob! I can not thank you enough for your valuable suggestion. I have a question. If I change the CPU with Intel Core i7-12700K and the CPU cooler with NZXT Kraken X73, what will you say about it?

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable time.

If you want an i7-12700K you should consider a z690 motherboard. Moving to the unlocked cpu is not going to provide much of a performance improvement. Certainly not enough to justify the price premium in my opinion.

https://www.xda-developers.com/intel-core-i7-12700-review/

https://www.techspot.com/review/2391-intel-core-i7-12700/

The X73 is a good AIO. However, its lighting can only be controlled using Nzxt CAM software making synchronization with other lighting problematic. Actually, with few exceptions not really possible.

8 hours ago, Jubair BD said:

I can not thank you enough for your valuable comments. I am learning new things and I feel very relaxed to get expert opinion of yours. I will surely ignore Gigabyte GPU. I was thinking about the MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8GB GDDR6X. For the CPU can you share your opinion about these 3 Processors? 

Intel Core i7-12700K

Intel Core i9-11900K

Intel Core i7-12700

Thanks a lot!

Just get the 12700 unless the 12700K is the same price 

7 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Just get the 12700 unless the 12700K is the same price 

Thank you very much once again! Yes! I am choosing the i7-12700.

Can you tell me one last thing? If I select Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm All in One Liquid CPU Cooler in this build, how it will be? Because I just found that NZXT kraken X73 does not support LGA1700 socket. But the corsair cooler supports LGA1700. I am choosing Corsair vengeance ram, so I guess the RGB will sync better with Corsair's RAM and Cooler?

Thanks a lot!

13 hours ago, brob said:

If you want an i7-12700K you should consider a z690 motherboard. Moving to the unlocked cpu is not going to provide much of a performance improvement. Certainly not enough to justify the price premium in my opinion.

https://www.xda-developers.com/intel-core-i7-12700-review/

https://www.techspot.com/review/2391-intel-core-i7-12700/

The X73 is a good AIO. However, its lighting can only be controlled using Nzxt CAM software making synchronization with other lighting problematic. Actually, with few exceptions not really possible.

Thank you very much once again! After reading the articles I have selected the i7-12700.

Can you tell me one last thing? If I select Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm All in One Liquid CPU Cooler in this build, how it will be? Because I just found that NZXT kraken X73 does not support LGA1700 socket. But the corsair cooler supports LGA1700. Since I have selected  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory , so I guess the RGB will sync better with Corsair's RAM and Cooler?

Thanks a lot once again!

26 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

Thank you very much once again! After reading the articles I have selected the i7-12700.

Can you tell me one last thing? If I select Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm All in One Liquid CPU Cooler in this build, how it will be? Because I just found that NZXT kraken X73 does not support LGA1700 socket. But the corsair cooler supports LGA1700. Since I have selected  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory , so I guess the RGB will sync better with Corsair's RAM and Cooler?

Thanks a lot once again!

X73 made after 2022-11-25 include an LGA 1700 bracket. If you end up with old stock you can order a bracket from Nzxt. https://support.nzxt.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407896253339-How-to-get-the-LGA-1700-Bracket?_gl=1*1kkmfsj*_ga*MTA5NTg3ODY2MC4xNjUyMzI3MTAx*_ga_4WZYQZ20MC*MTY1MzgzODA5NS4xLjAuMTY1MzgzODA5NS42MA..

iCUE control software is specific to Corsair products. Asus motherboards have limited compatibility. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro memory is compatible with iCUE. It is also compatible with the major motherboard lighting control software.

If Arctic AIO are available, one of its A-RGB models would be compatible with the motherboard lighting software. Synchronizing case, memory, motherboard, and AIO lighting would be facilitated. Other AIO that have broad compatibility include Lian-Li and Cooler Master.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I want to get suggestions about which motherboard I should choose in this build. My budget for the motherboard is $300. I want something that has wifi, m.2 and etc necessary features in it. Thank you!

Budget (including currency): $300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Productivity and Gaming.

Other details:  

CPU: Intel 12th Gen Core i7-12700K Alder Lake Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix 360mm AIO Liquid

Motherboard: -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 (*4)

SSD1: Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe SSD

SSD2: Samsung 870 QVO 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING Z TRIO LHR

PSU: Corsair RM850 850 Watt 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Case fan: CORSAIR ICUE SP120 RGB ELITE Fan White Triple Pack

Chassis: Asus TUF Gaming GT501 White Edition Mid Tower

55 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

crossfire support

why in the heck would you want crossfire support??  You're getting a single nVidia GPU and even if you were getting two of those you'd need sli and not crossfire

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

54 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

crossfire support

May I ask why if you're planning on running a Nvidia card? If you meant x8/x8 support then you're not gonna get a DDR4 Z690 board with x8/x8 support. 

7 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

why in the heck would you want crossfire support??  You're getting a single nVidia GPU and even if you were getting two of those you'd need sli and not crossfire

I don't know about this. I just knew crossfire is a feature that I can add another GPU with the build. Can you tell me more why I don't need crossfire and need sli?

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

May I ask why if you're planning on running a Nvidia card? If you meant x8/x8 support then you're not gonna get a DDR4 Z690 board with x8/x8 support. 

I don't know about this. I just knew crossfire is a feature that I can add another GPU with the build in future. Can you please tell me more about your comment? Thank you!

Just now, Jubair BD said:

I don't know about this. I just knew crossfire is a feature that I can add another GPU with the build in future. Can you please tell me more about your comment? Thank you!

Do you want to run 2 GPUs to render one game or 2 GPUs for rendering/virtualization?

If it's the first, that would require SLI, but the 3070 doesn't support SLI (nor do most games), so it's not an important feature (plus the cheapest board that supports it is ~$400)

If it's the second, then Crossfire or SLI doesn't matter, given the software knows how to use multiple GPUs. It's just not a feature that matters for this. 

If you meant x8/x8 support, which lets you split up the PCIe lanes from the CPU to the primary PCIe slot for the GPU and the 2nd PCIe x16 slot for something else (GPU, SSD, capture card, network card, etc.), then it's the same story as SLI. Because this is a very expensive feature to implement (PCIe 5.0 switches are super expensive) you won't find it on a cheaper motherboard than ~$400. 

Does it mean that when we combine multiple AMD gpu it's called crossfire and when we combine multiple Nvidia gpu it's callled Sli?

This is my first build. I was just thinking that I could get another nvidia Gpu in future and add it to my build. I didn't know about all these complications. 

19 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

Does it mean that when we combine multiple AMD gpu it's called crossfire and when we combine multiple Nvidia gpu it's callled Sli?

This is my first build. I was just thinking that I could get another nvidia Gpu in future and add it to my build. I didn't know about all these complications. 

you can't do that anymore it's an *all but* defunct technology.  Yes AMDs version of it was crossfire.  yes nvidias version of it was sli.  but it's all gone now. and not worth the money it costs anymore

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

36 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

you can't do that anymore it's an *all but* defunct technology.  Yes AMDs version of it was crossfire.  yes nvidias version of it was sli.  but it's all gone now. and not worth the money it costs anymore

Okay, so now the best idea is to stick with 1 powerful GPU? No Sli or Crossfire?

If yes, then can you suggest me a best motherboard that has DDR4 and Wifi? 

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

IIRC my z690 Aero G has it although I could very much be wrong. I know my x370 Taichi has it so maybe I’m just confused. But as for mobos I recommend the Aero G.

13 minutes ago, bamboobuddy said:

IIRC my z690 Aero G has it although I could very much be wrong. I know my x370 Taichi has it so maybe I’m just confused. But as for mobos I recommend the Aero G.

Nope, the Aero G does not have x8/x8 support. The Aero D does, but that board is DDR5 only. 

The X370 Taichi, as well as most mid range to high end boards from ~4 years ago, do have SLI and x8/x8 support, but they use Gen 3 PCIe switches which are significantly cheaper than their Gen 4 counterparts and even cheaper than their Gen 5 counterparts. It's just not possible to have a board less than ~$400 with x8/x8 support. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nope, the Aero G does not have x8/x8 support. The Aero D does, but that board is DDR5 only. 

The X370 Taichi, as well as most mid range to high end boards from ~4 years ago, do have SLI and x8/x8 support, but they use Gen 3 PCIe switches which are significantly cheaper than their Gen 4 counterparts and even cheaper than their Gen 5 counterparts. It's just not possible to have a board less than ~$400 with x8/x8 support. 

thanks, yeah you’re correct. I was just confused.