planning to get my first pc on a budget

Go to solution Solved by 4PcBuilder,

I would say this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/fzRnpg is the best you can get for that budget, with the 12400f and 6600 xt and those will handle almost any game you throw at them, I also added  a 3200mhz kit of 16gb ram since 16gb is the current gaming standard, no ssd since you say you have one, a 4000d cause it’s a budget case with amazing airflow and decent fans as well as an excellent cable management system. This will also have great upgradability as it runs on the relatively new lga 1700 platform. First thing your gonna wanna upgrade is to get a liquid cooler/aio since Intel stock cooler won’t be very good king term

Budget (including currency): 800$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: valorant,doom,league...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i have ssd,hard drive,monitor

also we don't have amazon here 😞

What games are you trying to run? $800 doesn't get you much in this market. And would you want to upgrade later, say in the next few years?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I would say this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/fzRnpg is the best you can get for that budget, with the 12400f and 6600 xt and those will handle almost any game you throw at them, I also added  a 3200mhz kit of 16gb ram since 16gb is the current gaming standard, no ssd since you say you have one, a 4000d cause it’s a budget case with amazing airflow and decent fans as well as an excellent cable management system. This will also have great upgradability as it runs on the relatively new lga 1700 platform. First thing your gonna wanna upgrade is to get a liquid cooler/aio since Intel stock cooler won’t be very good king term

Just now, 4PcBuilder said:

I would say this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/fzRnpg is the best you can get for that budget, with the 12400f and 6600 xt and those will handle almost any game you throw at them, I also added  a 3200mhz kit of 16gb ram since 16gb is the current gaming standard, no ssd since you say you have one, a 4000d cause it’s a budget case with amazing airflow and decent fans as well as an excellent cable management system

Not bad, but we need to make sure these are available through sources in OP's country.

OP, if not Amazon, what IS available there?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Not bad, but we need to make sure these are available through sources in OP's country.

OP, if not Amazon, what IS available there?

ebay is available if that helps?! Thank you tho!

Cpu:https://www.ebay.com/itm/175298391850?epid=15051673821&hash=item28d0992f2a:g:MFkAAOSwertikVS1

mobo:https://www.ebay.com/itm/384691424020?epid=5053652707&hash=item5991654b14:g:BK4AAOSwh0xh6pd-&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA0EVU617hvVxdjBn4VASXO1jeivITTxgalXTFzs7ohCEZAuf1TO1WFmrzh6RRIKrXXztVwdoemxwJkvS%2F8sA2guqu64VK5wH%2Fz7eTuSxWH5M9NsJqW3iTf8oKbjyI5N68kvmgabA1w9dB0w9NmbFcYKmQasLTiKU9SHTN%2FHyZVMJNAiO0pCyLyk5tc%2BrCVG42mwuFzmL0IzyzKFA7N4PrhsNRL5EHeMdWtVmItqU3CzQvN3YB2zi8rcTclJfHFYDGwSjd%2BrZch6dIyY6K3gkPMnA%3D|tkp%3ABFBMlryixaFg

Ram:https://www.ebay.com/itm/293989936766?epid=2318191847&hash=item44732a6e7e:g:8TUAAOSwa5piFZbT&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4Aa5JtcKkbQB1IO5s0DXlgFagaDU5qi60%2BrVNgfig1bhvJCxrae%2BvyX28O6kTm9lur%2Bj57US0XNydWgYdLsa%2F90OhF%2BLjsc47ZXsjsNYZsDyW789aSG5aRlmYpS8Gau31PQ0aF1yw0YbncSOLo5UJGCUm%2BksEmNpAvKh3vLe4obBpHCM%2FiG7MIfpHavjYwZ3TgA5B4fZlXv0GZmOTV9glmx4SsJ91Su%2FBBT4i0iJk%2BdCm4NKJDuLKmtqoyakjFx%2FNS%2Ba3AATTTTwE3YltCrOk7m4Y9WYVoB1o7WvnjVmZkf6|tkp%3ABFBMxoimxaFg

case:https://www.ebay.com/itm/383738739947?epid=9041395579&hash=item59589c7ceb:g:ICcAAOSw1yxicqsh&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA0E79EiYpt3lm55K5wAIrwZsaa03VVumpZcy5%2BF60ioSm5yknDpt84fs2%2FvEGfHQjJsIqvAxdJyA2F8brNjdmbEICRDdtjtBAp8yQhTultdQcFDIwfTncIXK3L1yFZj6Ni8wOwcocaDrbYRpFdIsJwjA4osAPXXfHke7IlnY0cEU75az7qp2o5OzNMMIqnNru5TfDrqKMW5NbqHkYtkP9qQWpDiMei1z5rjv7ZmXmNPkVS%2BnFX0MPtUdlPF2pdD4Yy4o1yfcw9H5Avg1YmgSNrto%3D|tkp%3ABFBMnMCvxaFg

psu:https://www.ebay.com/itm/185440993967?epid=7030526326&hash=item2b2d2502af%3Ag%3AFq4AAOSwj5JijqYf&LH_ItemCondition=3

gpu:https://www.ebay.com/itm/144571294213?epid=17048631433&hash=item21a91ee205:g:4VoAAOSwdLpiiX71

1 hour ago, 4PcBuilder said:

Huh that makes things harder

That it does. I've found some stuff I think would work for you OP, but eBay is largely used parts. $600 before US shipping though. Would be similar to my build with a 5600G, no GPU and a 750W PSU.

OP, I might be willing to help you out with assembly here in the US to verify it all works before shipping to your country if we can work something out. I'm not trying to make money off of you, but I certainly don't want to order stuff off eBay for someone else without it being paid for first. You could, however, have it shipped to me and then I could let you know when it's assembled and (hopefully) no problems. And then of course, there's covering the shipping of the assembled machine to Macedonia.

I may have another idea for you though. I have an old Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e SFF, (specs in link) that I haven't used in a couple years. Believe it might have been an i5, either the 2400S or i5-2500, with internal graphics. (3.1-3.3Ghz?) Set up with Ubuntu and ran last I checked, but it's been sitting awhile in an area with zero climate control.

If you're interested, I'll be happy to verify operation before sending it. In light of the high costs of shipping to your country, might be willing to donate for the cost of shipping.

Might be a good starter machine, supposedly Intel H61 chipset, supports up to an i7-2600 @3.4 Ghz... Being a small form factor, though, you'll be limited to low-profile GPU cards, maybe a GTX1650 or something, but that's probably all you'll need with the CPUs this system supports.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

52 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

That it does. I've found some stuff I think would work for you OP, but eBay is largely used parts. $600 before US shipping though. Would be similar to my build with a 5600G, no GPU and a 750W PSU.

OP, I might be willing to help you out with assembly here in the US to verify it all works before shipping to your country if we can work something out. I'm not trying to make money off of you, but I certainly don't want to order stuff off eBay for someone else without it being paid for first. You could, however, have it shipped to me and then I could let you know when it's assembled and (hopefully) no problems. And then of course, there's covering the shipping of the assembled machine to Macedonia.

I may have another idea for you though. I have an old Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e SFF, (specs in link) that I haven't used in a couple years. Believe it might have been an i5-2400S with internal graphics. (3.1-3.3Ghz?)

Might be a good starter machine, supposedly Intel H61 chipset, supports up to an i7-2600 @3.4 Ghz... Being a small form factor, though, you'll be limited to low-profile GPU cards, maybe a GTX1650 or something, but that's probably all you'll need with the CPUs this system supports.

Ran last I checked, but it's been sitting awhile. Might be willing to donate for shipping. If you're interested, I'll be happy to verify operation before sending it.

are u gonna donate the pc?? Rellyy!!!

its gonna be my first pc ever! I'm down

6 minutes ago, Andrej Tutenko said:

are u gonna donate the pc?? Rellyy!!!

its gonna be my first pc ever! I'm down

It's just taking up space and I have a 5900X and a 1700. If it was someone here in the states I might ask for a portion of the processor's worth, but I have a feeling shipping alone will cost you that. I just cleaned the dust off of it and looked inside, everything appears okay. I'll wipe the hard drive before shipping, of course. But if you could find out what the shipping would cost and see if we can COD it or maybe you could do PayPal or something for the shipping costs, it's yours if it runs. I don't have a video cable (it's DVI-R) so I'll have to get a cable. Depending, I MIGHT (no promise or guarantee) be able to throw in a 22" monitor with built-in speakers (unknown operating condition, but worked when last used) for a few bucks. It's not mine, but hasn't been used in awhile and I think it's pretty much unwanted at this point.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

hmmm i have no clue how much shipping is.

u can keep the hard drive if u need it i have one. 🙂

OP, I wouldn't start waving the black flag yet, but this thing is EXTREMELY cranky after sitting so long. It has also spent that two years sitting in the corner of a somewhat enclosed porch with a roof, so while it's been fairly protected from the weather, it has been subject to lots of temperature change. So at this moment I can't verify operating condition, but I'm poking around to see if it is something simple.

However, I can already tell you you will need another power supply regardless. This is a North American model with a 110VAC 60hz PSU, and your country, Macedonia, is on 230VAC @ 50 hz. This machine's original power supply will not work in your country. And seeing as it was built in 2011, good luck finding a replacement in your country. However, if I can verify working condition, I'll be happy to strip the machine for the parts you need that still work, and that will save you a lot on shipping.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

You still need to ask a shipping company for the shipping prize,also i can find a power supply no problem.

Thank you for everything so far :)!!

4 minutes ago, Andrej Tutenko said:

You still need to ask a shipping company for the shipping prize,also i can find a power supply no problem.

Thank you for everything so far :)!!

Everyone's asking me to create an account and be a member and all this other BS just to get a quote. I did just run across a possible easy fix for this thing being stupid, but it takes about 30 minutes with no power  and the CMOS battery out to reset.

I probably also need an address for an accurate quote -- direct message me one just in case this thing is just playing possum.

The thing is, this machine should run what you need to run, but it's not going to be great, it's just above minimum requirements. And should you want to put a GPU in it, it will need to be something like this:

108304432_LowProfileGTX1650.jpg.919622edb639cc582b62947c03e02306.jpg

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

this is a slim card.

what kind of power supply do i need btw?

Factory spec is 240W output. The 1650 shouldn't change that. I'll try to get a manufacturer and model number here shortly. I'm waiting for a quick fix (resetting the CMOS by completely draining power for 30 minutes), I just hope it works. US voltage is 110V AC at 60 hz, Macedonia is listed as 230V AC at 50hz. Some PSUs are switchable for this, unfortunately this one is not.

The Lenovos use a somewhat proprietary design, I think, so you might do well to move this thing's guts to another case with a more standardized PSU for your voltage system. I'm not having any luck finding a 230V.

Shipping quotes are coming in around $100-$200 USD depending on time frame and urgency. Doesn't seem bad considering you're on the other side of the world.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Factory spec is 240W output. The 1650 shouldn't change that. I'll try to get a manufacturer and model number here shortly. I'm waiting for a quick fix (resetting the CMOS by completely draining power for 30 minutes), I just hope it works. US voltage is 110V AC at 60 hz, Macedonia is listed as 230V AC at 50hz. Some PSUs are switchable for this, unfortunately this one is not.

The Lenovos use a somewhat proprietary design, I think, so you might do well to move this thing's guts to another case with a more standardized PSU for your voltage system. I'm not having any luck finding a 230V.

Shipping quotes are coming in around $100-$200 USD depending on time frame and urgency. Doesn't seem bad considering you're on the other side of the world.

i should be able to find a 240W PSU or better.they are not that expensive tbh.

8 minutes ago, Andrej Tutenko said:

i should be able to find a 240W PSU or better.they are not that expensive tbh.

Keep in mind, wattage and voltage are two different things. What you need is a 230V AC @50 hz with a power output of at least 240 watts.

And even if you paid $200 to get this thing shipped, the parts alone are worth about $400 roughly. I really want to get this thing running so I can verify the processor and memory.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Im good, i don't mix the both of them 

we good

im gonna take a look at second hand pc near me.i will tell you what i find

26 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Keep in mind, wattage and voltage are two different things. What you need is a 230V AC @50 hz with a power output of at least 240 watts.

And even if you paid $200 to get this thing shipped, the parts alone are worth about $400 roughly. I really want to get this thing running so I can verify the processor and memory.

i found a used pc 

intel i3-4170 3.7 ghz
Ram 8gb
HDD 1tb
Nvidia GeForce GT 710

what do u think?

Just now, Andrej Tutenko said:

i found a used pc 

intel i3-4170 3.7 ghz
Ram 8gb
HDD 1tb
Nvidia GeForce GT 710

what do u think?

Depends on the price. Is it set up for your country's voltage system?

IT'S ALIIIIVE! Reseated the DIMM module and it fired right up. I was thinking it was a 2400, but it's a 2100, and yes, it does have Integrated graphics.

I did notice something interesting in the specs for this machine. Power supply is listed as having two output options (this one has a 240W) but they are listed as 'auto-sensing', which I take to mean they can possibly tell the difference between 110V and 230V and adjust accordingly. You'll probably want to ask someone more qualified to confirm that, however.

image.png.f03a2da67d9efd7021afb5d39d060296.pngimage.png.a1ce3355f793e18feb971a7e96ea4263.png

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Depends on the price. Is it set up for your country's voltage system?

IT'S ALIIIIVE! Reseated the DIMM module and it fired right up. I was thinking it was a 2400, but it's a 2100, and yes, it does have Integrated graphics.

I did notice something interesting in the specs for this machine. Power supply is listed as having two output options (this one has a 240W) but they are listed as 'auto-sensing', which I take to mean they can possibly tell the difference between 110V and 230V and adjust accordingly. You'll probably want to ask someone more qualified to confirm that, however.

image.png.f03a2da67d9efd7021afb5d39d060296.pngimage.png.a1ce3355f793e18feb971a7e96ea4263.png

awsome!!!

also some guy close to my town is selling a pc with

core i5 4440 + stock cooler
Ram: 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

PSU: iarena 500w
Storage: hdd 1 TB
GTX 1050 Ti 4gb GDDR5

plus a monitor for 265$

5 minutes ago, Andrej Tutenko said:

awsome!!!

also some guy close to my town is selling a pc with

core i5 4440 + stock cooler
Ram: 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

PSU: iarena 500w
Storage: hdd 1 TB
GTX 1050 Ti 4gb GDDR5

plus a monitor for 265$

Wow. That might be the move if it's already running and there's nothing wrong with it. The 4440 is about 20-25% faster than the 2100. Though I would upgrade the HDD to an SSD, or perhaps a PCIe-riser-based M.2 NVME.

Probably irrelevant at this point, but this Lenovo I have does indeed adjust itself for input voltage, be it 230-240V or 110-120V.

image.png.a9325405d8abf70d94efc587ee830e6f.png

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Wow. That might be the move if it's already running and there's nothing wrong with it. The 4440 is about 20-25% faster than the 2100. Though I would upgrade the HDD to an SSD, or perhaps a PCIe-riser-based M.2 NVME.

Probably irrelevant at this point, but this Lenovo I have does indeed adjust itself for input voltage, be it 230-240V or 110-120V.

image.png.a9325405d8abf70d94efc587ee830e6f.png

im gonna give the guy a call tomorrow and ask about the details and get back to you.