RMA, or clean myself?

I have a Corsair Scimitar PRO RGB that was an RMA replacement for the first Corsair Scimitar RGB mouse. I've had it for about 2 years since the replacement and I am having issues with the scroll wheel back scrolling itself when I go to scroll up or down. Now I did see a teardown video of it and how to get inside to clean, but should I have corsair RMA my mouse again? Or just tear it open and clean the mouse wheel manually myself? I wanted to ask because I know the hardest part to put back will be the feet of the mouse, since they have adhesive pads on the bottom. Let me know! Thanks in advance! 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

Whats the harm in redeeming your warranty AND attempting to fix the other one?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Whats the harm in redeeming your warranty AND attempting to fix the other one?

Well, it's already been RMA-ed once, this was the replacement, so I don't know if you can send a replacement RMA back in for replacement again.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Well, it's already been RMA-ed once, this was the replacement, so I don't know if you can send a replacement RMA back in for replacement again.

Wouldn't hurt to see.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Wouldn't hurt to see.

Well, if they didn't decide to accept it back, then do I just yolo it and try fixing it myself?

45 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Well, if they didn't decide to accept it back, then do I just yolo it and try fixing it myself?

Well if it goes that way, either :
either you open it and clean/replace parts,

or pay someone else to do it.,

or live with it

or buy a new one.

Me, I'd just open , if I end up breaking it then I will buy a new one.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, _Grid21 said:

I have a Corsair Scimitar PRO RGB that was an RMA replacement for the first Corsair Scimitar RGB mouse. I've had it for about 2 years since the replacement and I am having issues with the scroll wheel back scrolling itself when I go to scroll up or down. Now I did see a teardown video of it and how to get inside to clean, but should I have corsair RMA my mouse again? Or just tear it open and clean the mouse wheel manually myself? I wanted to ask because I know the hardest part to put back will be the feet of the mouse, since they have adhesive pads on the bottom. Let me know! Thanks in advance! 

If you can RMA, I would go that route without a doubt. New product, no cost.