Help cpu says its running at 100 :video:

mayham776

You have apps or programs running that don't need to be (hard to tell as vid focuses on percentages and never shows what process / task / app is using that percentage), or you have a severe bottleneck between your CPU and GPU. Another possibility is too little RAM for the way the machine is used, but doesn't seem likely as screen shows 26% RAM used. More complete list of specs would help.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Video doesn't play. You have apps or programs running that don't need to be, or you have a severe bottleneck between your CPU and GPU. Another possibility is too little RAM for the way the machine is used. More complete list of specs would help.

i have 5600x 3070 ti 2 sticks of 8 gb ram mag b550 tomahawk. i use it for gameing and in the video sorry it dont play but all i had was chrome open on youtube

It finally did play, not sure what that was about. However, it doesn't show which tasks are using so much of the CPU, so not much info there to go on. What speed is your RAM (3200, 2666) and is it DDR3 or DDR4?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

It finally did play, not sure what that was about. However, it doesn't show which tasks are using so much of the CPU, so not much info there to go on. What speed is your RAM (3200, 2666) and is it DDR3 or DDR4?

ddr4 ram 3200mhz  

Note: Chrome and other browsers use video plug-ins that can be quite CPU intensive. And while a 5600X isn't a bad match with a 3070ti, I can see where a misbehaving plug-in could do something like this.

First things first. We need clarity on what is using 34% and 24% of your processor that might not be necessary.

Shift-PrtScr while on Task Manager will do a screen dump. You can then Ctrl-V (paste) into your post here.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

Note: Chrome and other browsers use video plug-ins that can be quite CPU intensive. And while a 5600X isn't a bad match with a 3070ti, I can see where a misbehaving plug-in could do something like this.

First things first. We need clarity on what is using 34% and 24% of your processor that might not be necessary.

Nvidia container is a streaming service, presumably part of the GeForce Experience package. If you're not streaming, you can kill that, and that is probably a good chunk of your problem. Streaming is very CPU intensive. If you don't need this, there should be a way to disable it. Likely you inadvertently activated it with an unknown hotkey combination. Should be easy enough to get into the software and disable the hotkey for it if you don't have a need for it.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Also, that AntiMalware at 16% usage is sketchy unless you're currently running a scan. I have McAfee, and it never uses that much. I've never seen MalwareBytes use that much either.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Also, that AntiMalware at 16% usage is sketchy unless you're currently running a scan. I have McAfee, and it never uses that much. I've never seen MalwareBytes use that much either.

i dont think i have a virus because i havent downloaded alot of things randomly of the web mainly got my games from steam so idk whats going on there

OP, here is a little help on disabling what started what I think is your problem. You may still need to turn it off in GeForce Experience. In a nutshell, I believe you've activated Live Broadcast through GeForce Experience and need to turn it off, and it might be prudent to disable the shortcut to prevent a repeat of this if it is not needed.

Open GeForce Experience Software. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner. Then click Settings under In-Game Overlay as shown below.

From there, click Keyboard Shortcuts.

Scroll down to Broadcast Live, and there you can change whatever key combination is set for live streaming to something you're not as likely to unknowingly activate, or better yet, disable the shortcut altogether. Personally, I think whoever came up with the idea for presetting kotkeys for stuff like this deserves a special place in hell.

image.png.68fb131305655b383d4fe86365e4fb4b.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Further, this is how you manually access status for Live Broadcast, Recording, etc., and turn on / off.

image.thumb.png.6e5d71d9907e4d6b14cdd88c92285063.png

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

icue, asuscert, and ledkeeper all in one system ? woof.

taskmanager at 44%. welp. 

i recommend to remove any asus, msi and corsair programs, which are all known to cause issues, even if you dont see them using resources. 

which is btw not easy to do, especially with asus, you'll probably have to disable the asus services in taskmanager/services even after "uninstalling" it...

here is how taskmanager "should" look like.

tskmgr_0022aucjau.thumb.png.b91fdce3e1cfac7cde2fb9241428fd20.png

tskmgr_0022bitj6m.thumb.png.a767f2574d7f6bdceaf672455553448b.png

yes i have corsair link running ... specifically after it turned out what a huge CPU hog corsair icue is... i can live with the 0.1-1% usage...

Also can you post a screenshot of "startup" ?

tskmgr_0022strtupi2k9k.thumb.png.1beee3b22deddac154840f235eb1d596.png

also note, openRGB isnt even running as i always close it after it loaded the LED profile...

I also strongly recommend a full scan with Malwarebytes. 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038984773-Scan-types-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows#:~:text=To run a Threat Scan,Quick Scan or Custom Scan.

(full specs would be helpful too)

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Further, this is how you manually access status for Live Broadcast, Recording, etc.,

those typically really don't use many resources,  especially if you're not actually streaming/recording.

Also what's the "video card information..." thing? ive never seen that on my system.  

ps: yeah, Nvidia container using 22% (icue 17%) i wonder if OP is actually streaming/recording? but even then the usage is way too high, I suspect all the little 3rd party apps doing their "thing" tbh... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity