Is it safe to use canned air on laptop exhaust vents?

VoidZ47

You won't immediately destroy the laptop, but you'll push dust back into the fan.

If it's not major surgery, you're better off getting into the laptop and blowing in the same direction air normally flows.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

safe?yes. but you wont get rid of most dust with canned air, some will stay and probably compacted, the best way is to use the old and trusty brush.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

7 hours ago, VoidZ47 said:

Title^

If you want to use canned air, open your laptop up if it's not complicated and remove the fans. Then you can blow the air in the reverse direction of normal airflow. Just make sure to clean the Motherboard if dust got onto it

Agree with opening up the laptop and dusting it that way. It won't take more than a few minutes if you have a small enough screwdriver to get in there, and will be a much more effective clean.

Blowing dust back into the exhaust vents is counter-productive for obvious reasons.

i5-12600KF @ 5ghz (1.18v)

EVGA RTX 2080 8GB 2080mhz + G12 AIO Thermaltake 240mm

Corsair 16gb Vengeance RGB 3600mhz C16
CPU-Z Single-thread: 803 || CPU-Z Multi-thread: 7948
Fire Strike GPU Score: 29,784