bottleneck with 3050?

FMWHIS
Go to solution Solved by steelo,
4 minutes ago, FMWHIS said:

hey everyone, I will soon be getting an AMD ryzen 7 3700x processor, and I currently have an RTX 3050 8GB, and was wondering if there would be any bottleneck between the two components when gaming? I have searched around and cannot find any tests to check how well the two components will perform with each other, I will also be using the system for rendering video, and the games I will be playing are mostly Minecraft, valorant and skyrim.

You'll be fine.

hey everyone, I will soon be getting an AMD ryzen 7 3700x processor, and I currently have an RTX 3050 8GB, and was wondering if there would be any bottleneck between the two components when gaming? I have searched around and cannot find any tests to check how well the two components will perform with each other, I will also be using the system for rendering video, and the games I will be playing are mostly Minecraft, valorant and skyrim.

4 minutes ago, FMWHIS said:

You'll be fine.

Bottlenecks are everywhere in every PC in every scenario. Your primary bottleneck in games will be your GPU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

17 hours ago, steelo said:

You'll be fine.

ah thanks very much!! just needed a bit of clarification because I don't really know what constitutes bottleneck lol, thanks very much for the help!! 🙂

Generally when people ask this question, they refer to the CPU being the bottleneck (limiting the maximum output of framerate, like water out of a bottle). In this case, the bottleneck would be that your GPU is unable to reach its full usage as a result of your CPU.

The truth is, all PCs have a bottleneck in atleast one area, but it ultimately it depends on the scenario. Some games demand single-core power from your processor to hit 60fps, while others let your GPU render up to its max usage. The widely preferred senario is the latter, in which nothing should prevent your GPU from being fully utilised and deliver its maximum framerate.

i5-12600KF @ 5ghz (1.18v)

EVGA RTX 2080 8GB 2080mhz + G12 AIO Thermaltake 240mm

Corsair 16gb Vengeance RGB 3600mhz C16
CPU-Z Single-thread: 803 || CPU-Z Multi-thread: 7948
Fire Strike GPU Score: 29,784

5 hours ago, OverTheBelow said:

Generally when people ask this question, they refer to the CPU being the bottleneck (limiting the maximum output of framerate, like water out of a bottle). In this case, the bottleneck would be that your GPU is unable to reach its full usage as a result of your CPU.

The truth is, all PCs have a bottleneck in atleast one area, but it ultimately it depends on the scenario. Some games demand single-core power from your processor to hit 60fps, while others let your GPU render up to its max usage. The widely preferred senario is the latter, in which nothing should prevent your GPU from being fully utilised and deliver its maximum framerate.

In his case though, based on the information he has provided I do not see any reason for concern.

5 minutes ago, steelo said:

In his case though, based on the information he has provided I do not see any reason for concern.

Yup, agreed. The processor/card combination go together just fine.

i5-12600KF @ 5ghz (1.18v)

EVGA RTX 2080 8GB 2080mhz + G12 AIO Thermaltake 240mm

Corsair 16gb Vengeance RGB 3600mhz C16
CPU-Z Single-thread: 803 || CPU-Z Multi-thread: 7948
Fire Strike GPU Score: 29,784