Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrading Windows 11

Anicool007

Go to solution Solved by darealsoulless,

I'm running it on a PC that came out before Windows 11. i7 10700, rx 6600. No issues at all so far.

Customizability is still there, just for giggles I decided to add the Windows 98 style taskbar and start menu just for nostalgic reasons.

But people say they hide a lot of settings from you and put things in submenus and what not, but I personally haven't found it to be that big of a deal. All programs and games that I run work as intended on it, even if their latest version was released before Windows 11. I'm running a decent CPU and NVMe storage so your mileage may vary but I have not seen any noticeable hitching, stuttering, major slowdowns, etc. since I installed 11. Wasn't a problem on 10 either though,

Basically, if 10 works for you and you don't have a specific reason to upgrade, there's no point unless you just wanna see what it's like. That happens to be the reason I upgraded. That being said, it does seem to be a fine OS. It may not make a difference but I'm running 16GB of DDR4-3200 in dual channel as well. RAM usage for me with 7 tabs open, video playing in background and Steam updates doing their thing is hovering around 30%. 

Is upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 really worth it?... I mean I already saw soo many bad reviews regarding this but still not sure should I upgrade it or not but my manufacture Dell saying that my laptop(Dell G7 7500) is compatible for W11. So is it worth it or not, is Windows 11 have some stability now?  

not worth it. unless you have a reason to, not worth it imo.

8 minutes ago, Anicool007 said:

Is upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 really worth it?... I mean I already saw soo many bad reviews regarding this but still not sure should I upgrade it or not but my manufacture Dell saying that my laptop(Dell G7 7500) is compatible for W11. So is it worth it or not, is Windows 11 have some stability now?  

It's stable for the most part. I'm using it on my laptop since it was released and no major turnoffs for me so far. But if you have to ask... then you probably shouldn't update just yet. 

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.51 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC | 24GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD Green 1.5TB | ASUS Xonar DG | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5  | ASUS ProArt PA238QR

Intel Core™ i7-7600U | Seagate 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 850 G4

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 15.4.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 15.4.1) |  iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X

16 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It's stable for the most part. I'm using it on my laptop since it was released and no major turnoffs for me so far. But if you have to ask... then you probably shouldn't update just yet. 

I am also thinking the same...

20 minutes ago, Anicool007 said:

The trouble with reviewers is that you don't know for sure whether they have an agenda or if they can keep their personal opinion out of the review and just give you an unbiased summary based on the technical merits or otherwise of whatever they are reviewing.

Why not try it for yourself, use something like Macrium Reflect Free (or Acronis, Aoemi etc) to make a system image of your current OS, then if you don't like Windows 11 or it screws your machine up you can easily revert.

You get 10 days by default to roll back after the upgrade anyway, but if the upgrade bricks your current install a system image is a quick and convenient method of recovery, you can also extend the 10 days with a registry tweak if you want.

There are plenty of very good sites that have detailed guides on how to backup and restore a system image, export current drivers, extend the rollback time etc.

A couple I know of that are very good are tenforums and their sister site elevenforums, they both have a searchable database of tutorials and the guides are well laid out with clear instruction and screenshots.

On a personal note I have been using Windows 11 since it released, my system is an 8th gen i5, I have had zero issues in the time I have been daily using it across a wide range of apps and games, however plenty of other people have suffered the slow down on hard disks issue, printer issues, software and driver incompatibilities, so your mileage may vary. 

I'm running it on a PC that came out before Windows 11. i7 10700, rx 6600. No issues at all so far.

Customizability is still there, just for giggles I decided to add the Windows 98 style taskbar and start menu just for nostalgic reasons.

But people say they hide a lot of settings from you and put things in submenus and what not, but I personally haven't found it to be that big of a deal. All programs and games that I run work as intended on it, even if their latest version was released before Windows 11. I'm running a decent CPU and NVMe storage so your mileage may vary but I have not seen any noticeable hitching, stuttering, major slowdowns, etc. since I installed 11. Wasn't a problem on 10 either though,

Basically, if 10 works for you and you don't have a specific reason to upgrade, there's no point unless you just wanna see what it's like. That happens to be the reason I upgraded. That being said, it does seem to be a fine OS. It may not make a difference but I'm running 16GB of DDR4-3200 in dual channel as well. RAM usage for me with 7 tabs open, video playing in background and Steam updates doing their thing is hovering around 30%. 

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

probably wont do it. i once tried, thankfully my computer is not compatible cuz i dont have TPM