I have a spider stuck between the back light and the LCD layers

Vishera

Is there anything that i can do?

The spider blocks a bit of the back light so i can see it's shadow.

It was running around for a few hours but seems like it died in one of the corners.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

It won't be dead.  It'll be waiting until you go to sleep so it can...

Spoiler

crawl out and play some Super Mario Odyssey

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I doubt it'll do any damage, perhaps it'll just find it's way out in time.

I think it's dead,

Is there something i can do about it?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

8 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Is there anything that i can do?

The spider blocks a bit of the back light so i can see it's shadow.

It was running around for a few hours but seems like it died in one of the corners.

Is there anything you can do? Yes

Is it worth the risk? Depends how good you are with taking things apart. 

Depending on the exact monitor, it may vary. But it sounds like for yours, all you'd have to do is remove the back cover, possibly the PSU if it is internal, and you'll get access to the backlight, but again this will vary. It has been awhile since I have done work on my monitors, but generally speaking, it isn't hard to take them apart. It is usually significantly harder to fix broken parts in them due to lack of parts being available.

If you gave us the model of monitor, we might be able to locate a teardown. Not super likely, but worth a shot. 

But I wouldn't take it apart unless you know it was a spider. It sounds like you are confident it is, since it was moving. 

Just now, Ty2525 said:

If you gave us the model of monitor, we might be able to locate a teardown. Not super likely, but worth a shot. 

It's an:

AOC E2270SWHN

4 minutes ago, Ty2525 said:

But I wouldn't take it apart unless you know it was a spider. It sounds like you are confident it is, since it was moving. 

I am 100% certain it's a spider,I can clearly see the shadow of the legs,and it's bigger than an ant.

It was running across the display just a few hours ago,but i think it's dead now.

14 minutes ago, Vishera said:

It's an:

AOC E2270SWHN

I am 100% certain it's a spider,I can clearly see the shadow of the legs,and it's bigger than an ant.

It was running across the display just a few hours ago,but i think it's dead now.

can you show a picture?

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

Give it a name. It probably laid eggs in there. Expect to see several hundred little ones soon. Congrats :)

On 5/19/2022 at 5:59 AM, LWM723 said:

Give it a name. It probably laid eggs in there. Expect to see several hundred little ones soon. Congrats 🙂

Don't say that...lol.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:02 AM, Vishera said:

I think it's dead,

Is there something i can do about it?

Well, I'd wait until/if you give your computer a thorough clean and just get it out then.

28 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Well, I'd wait until/if you give your computer a thorough clean and just get it out then.

It's not inside the PC - It's inside the monitor.

5 hours ago, Vishera said:

It's not inside the PC - It's inside the monitor.

I am going to go out on a limb and say your only option would be to take apart the monitor. I am not familiar enough with the monitor itself nor it's tech. But if I had to imagine, it wouldn't be all that hard to remove the back panel, psu, main board, etc. Which would give you access to the backlight. I assume by the thickness of the display and the fact there is a spider in it, that the backlight is likely far behind the actual display, and not apart of the display assembly. If this is the case, you won't have to remove the display itself, just the back cover(s) of the display and then lift up whatever backlight assembly there may be; sometimes a white reflective cover, sometimes probably something else I have never seen before, it just depends

It has been awhile since I have done worth with removing displays, but generally speaking it would be pretty easy on an older display. I am just not sure if yours is old enough. I want to say it is, but again, I can't find enough info on it to say for sure. So as a caution, I would just like to remind you that you may not actually get access to the backlight and if you do it may require display removal which can cause damage. So if you choose to do this, it is at your own risk. 

Otherwise, buy a new monitor. 

11 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Don't say that...lol.

It takes 5 or X Spyders to calibrate a display.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator