internet explorer (yes, i know, please bear with me for a moment...) doesn't recognize a site that is in trust zone

I feel this is a bit of a long shoot posting here but here it goes...

I have to access a website that only works in IE, because it hasn't been replaced and just patched to kinda work now days given that it runs on IIS5... (according to the HTTP headers)

to keep it short i have a guide to set up a computer to access the site, i did everything as the guide says on a new windows 10 VM that only has firefox and some plugins installed, everything is set up correctly and i triple checked, yet it doesn't work.

looking at the devtools console as the page to figure out what the hell is going on, it reports

SEC7112 "Script from [URL] was blocked due to mime type mismatch"

So the website is misconfigured besides being old as fuck, still it SHOULD work because IE (and it fucking says soo right here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/samples/hh180764(v=vs.85)?redirectedfrom=MSDN) doesn't check MIME type when the website is set as a trusted user zone which i have setup as part of the guide i am using.

Additionally i opened up a support ticket with the site saying it doesn't work and i get a response to do the set up processes again, completely ignore the fact that its broken, because it works for them.

I am livid trying to access that site, i need to for something important, so please, i appreciate if we can keep IE sucks comments at the minimum in the thread and if you know something that can help, please don't hold back and post it.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

18 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

So the website is misconfigured besides being old as fuck, still it SHOULD work because IE (and it fucking says soo right here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/samples/hh180764(v=vs.85)?redirectedfrom=MSDN) doesn't check MIME type when the website is set as a trusted user zone which i have setup as part of the guide i am using.

Small detail regarding the MIME type check:

Note  For websites in a users trusted security zone, Internet Explorer will not check the MIME type of a style sheet.

That implies to me it only doesn't check the MIME type of CSS files that are served. You are faced with an issue regarding javascript files, which are not mentioned as not being checked. I think this is a server issue in that the host needs to ensure that it is reported properly. Is it an important script that it fails on? Unfortunately my only experience with this error is with libraries for which I could switch to a CDN that did provide proper MIME types, but it sounds like that is probably not an option here.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB