Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my strix g15 laptop (2021) with a rtx 3070 has gpu artifacts and asus won't replace it (still in warranty)

 Share

like the title says my 5 months old strix g513qr (ryzen 5900hx + rtx 3070) started getting gpu artifacts out of the blue and i can't seem to get it fixed

 

I tried DDU and resetting windows multiple times now but nothing seems to fix it, I'm convinced it's something faulty on a hardware level.

 

I've had countless emails with ASUS support but they don't seem to be willing to honor their warranty and fix my issue they keep sending half ass emails that seems to be written by bots telling my to reset drivers and windows even though i already specified that i did so..

 

I'm pretty desperate for any help at this point.. I haven't been able to use my laptop for weeks now & it's interfering with my college work as an architecture student, i can't believe that i paid so much money for a faulty machine and asus won't even replace it, i feel ripped off.

 

I bought my laptop from amazon usa & had it shipped over seas to Kuwait (where I currently live), which is apparently the reasoning behind them refusing to repair it they want me to ship it back again to the USA which is obviously expensive & pointless af.

instead I've been contacting the middle east support team here and they offer minimal support since they say the laptop technically should only be fixed in the usa & not here smh (even though i have international warranty),

 

I've had 3 rma's so far here in Kuwait with them doing pointless stuff like system resets & what not.. i genuinely feel ripped off the laptop is unusable in this state & im too broke to buy a replacement laptop too, I'm way behind on my college work & I currently have to relay on using my friends laptops to finish up my architecture renders & work it's really frustrating.. I rly don't know what to do anymore.

 

video of artifacts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsEzVTnlej8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is the gpu was bricked from overclocking the Vram and or the Gpu.

 

Do the artifacts go away or become less if you underclock? What if you underclock a lot? 

 

Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

My guess is the gpu was bricked from overclocking the Vram and or the Gpu.

 

Do the artifacts go away or become less if you underclock? What if you underclock a lot? 

i've never even overclocked the gpu before it came with a stock 100+ on the core and 150+ on the memory as a factory default, i already tried setting them back to 0 but still having the same artifacts.. haven't tried underclocking by alot tho, will give it a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

well technically it makes sense you need to send it to where you bought it.

 

Amazon us ≠ amazon kuwait ≠ amazon france etc.

11 hours ago, unnamed-_- said:

I've had 3 rma's so far here in Kuwait

However, if they accepted the rma(s) you should request a refund or a replacement at this point... 

 

Im pretty sure thats the rules, they cannot just indefinitely "repair" an item and never actually do it...

 

Maybe also check the warranty requirements/rules for this.

 

 

 

 

 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

 

Experienced gamers know all too well that high average fps are worthless when they are accompanied with stutters, random crashes, excessive noise and a limited feature set.

 

-"GPU Pro", 2022

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

well here's the thing it's not feasible for me to ship it back to asus usa for an rma abroad I don't have the money for it, and also the amazon seller refused to return it and refund me saying that it's past the 14 day return window, i even tried asking the middle east region team if they can ship it back to usa themselves but they also refused..

I genuinely don't know what to do anymore I'm an architecture college student that dropped all his savings on this laptop. and now I can't even use it for work or return it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, unnamed-_- said:

well here's the thing it's not feasible for me to ship it back to asus usa for an rma abroad I don't have the money for it, and also the amazon seller refused to return it and refund me saying that it's past the 14 day return window, i even tried asking the middle east region team if they can ship it back to usa themselves but they also refused..

I genuinely don't know what to do anymore I'm an architecture college student that dropped all his savings on this laptop. and now I can't even use it for work or return it

yeah, i understand this sucks... i think what i tried to say is the solution would be to kinda contact Amazon,  say item is defective and seller refuses to give you a refund or fix it, etc. (if that's what happened)

 

But if you say you cant even ship it then that's all kind of futile tbh, that's the thing with importing you have to be aware of the risks involved and also able/being willing to send it back in a warranty case.

 

I bought several Japanese game consoles from a Hong Kong store (Im in EU) for example and I knew full well if something happens Id need to send it back on my own costs... (which honestly isnt that big of a deal I thought... it'd be roughly 50 bucks, so similar to what I paid for import/shipping fees... but the thing is, I knew if i couldn't afford that I'd be SOL)

 

 

Just to clarify,  this is a third party seller,  not Amazon US directly? 

 

That makes it all the more difficult... my only suggestion is contact the seller and Amazon US if seller refuses to take your  warranty claim and get ready to eat the costs, i mean otherwise, if you cant pay for shipping,  what is anyone supposed to do?

 

I would also ask Amazon US if they can struck some deal with Amazon Kuwait,  but that seems honestly unlikely if it was a third party seller.  🤔

 

PS: also i dont know why you keep saying Asus, do you have a contract with them?

I think you should let the seller/Amazon deal with this.

 

But if you think Asus is the better option,  then yeah. Point is you're gonna have to eat the shipping costs either way. 

 

Tldr:

2 hours ago, unnamed-_- said:

and also the amazon seller refused to return it and refund me saying that it's past the 14 day return window

this is all you need.

 

if you can proof that contact Amazon US (if that's where the seller sold it)  A S A P.

 

They will either deal with the seller or refund you. Thats, actually in their rules, doesn't matter where the buyer actually is, thats sort of quite irrelevant actually. 

 

 

 

 

 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

 

Experienced gamers know all too well that high average fps are worthless when they are accompanied with stutters, random crashes, excessive noise and a limited feature set.

 

-"GPU Pro", 2022

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, i understand this sucks... i think what i tried to say is the solution would be to kinda contact Amazon,  say item is defective and seller refuses to give you a refund or fix it, etc. (if that's what happened)

 

But if you say you cant even ship it then that's all kind of futile tbh, that's the thing with importing you have to be aware of the risks involved and also able/being willing to send it back in a warranty case.

 

I bought several Japanese game consoles from a Hong Kong store (Im in EU) for example and I knew full well if something happens Id need to send it back on my own costs... (which honestly isnt that big of a deal I thought... it'd be roughly 50 bucks, so similar to what I paid for import/shipping fees... but the thing is, I knew if i couldn't afford that I'd be SOL)

 

 

Just to clarify,  this is a third party seller,  not Amazon US directly? 

 

That makes it all the more difficult... my only suggestion is contact the seller and Amazon US if seller refuses to take your  warranty claim and get ready to eat the costs, i mean otherwise, if you cant pay for shipping,  what is anyone supposed to do?

 

I would also ask Amazon US if they can struck some deal with Amazon Kuwait,  but that seems honestly unlikely if it was a third party seller.  🤔

 

PS: also i dont know why you keep saying Asus, do you have a contract with them?

I think you should let the seller/Amazon deal with this.

 

But if you think Asus is the better option,  then yeah. Point is you're gonna have to eat the shipping costs either way. 

 

Tldr:

this is all you need.

 

if you can proof that contact Amazon US (if that's where the seller sold it)  A S A P.

 

They will either deal with the seller or refund you. Thats, actually in their rules, doesn't matter where the buyer actually is, thats sort of quite irrelevant actually. 

 

 

well i've never actually had any idea that amazon could handle the matter directly since it was a 3rd party seller... and it's not only that i can't afford the shipping cost im just skeptical it will have any result kinda feels like a huge risk no reward, but sure if they assure me that i'll get my money back i'll save up & see my shipping options.. also ps. there is no amazon kuwait here, we only got newegg that ships directly from the usa (free shipping).

i'll contact amazon directly about the seller & his refusal of returning and let you know how it went.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, unnamed-_- said:

i'll contact amazon directly about the seller & his refusal of returning and let you know how it went.

Alright, good luck.

 

And yes this is the good thing about Amazon they give you a warranty even for third party sellers, you just have to try to solve issues with the seller *first* which you seemingly did.

 

 

Quote

A-to-z Guarantee

The A-to-z Guarantee protects you when you buy items sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller. It covers both the timely delivery and condition of your items. If you're not happy with either and can’t resolve the issue directly with the seller, you can make a claim directly to Amazon and our team will decide if you're eligible for a refund.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

 

Experienced gamers know all too well that high average fps are worthless when they are accompanied with stutters, random crashes, excessive noise and a limited feature set.

 

-"GPU Pro", 2022

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

here's the thing i contacted amazon yesterday and they kept insisting that they aren't responsible for any 3rd party sellers actions & that there is no way for me to return the laptop for a refund since the return window has closed according to them, and that all they can do is form a complaint but won't be able to do a refund and that they will contact the seller on behalf of me..

they also mentioned that i should rma the laptop to asus (which are the ones originally dodging me, lol)..

here's the kicker though the seller removed his page yesterday & i can no longer find him on there i only have his name under the purchase page with stuff i bought before and that's it, there is no way of contacting him. i'm beyond speechless right now...

im not sure if the seller removed his page on there just because my issue & not wanting to deal with it & do a refund but it seems rather coincidental.

either way im all outta of stuff to do.. maybe i should contact my local consumer protection office?? at this point i don't know what to do anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×