I'd like to dump my GB, GBC, and GBA carts

Sarra

I keep finding cart dumpers for GB games, and go to buy one, only to find they're discontinued. ALL of my games are unmodified, official carts. I've got Zelda: Link's Awakening, Tetris, and other original GB games, plus some GBC and GBA carts to dump. I want to run emulators in Linux, and I'd rather dump a cart I own, as opposed to just downloading a ROM, even though I own the cart as well... Saves aren't important, but it would be neat to copy my saves as well, since some of (cough, most of, cough) my carts have dying batteries, and I actually have a tristar, or whatever they call it, bit, so I could actually replace batteries.

So, is there a currently available dump kit that I can grab? I have Windows 10 Pro on my machines right now, but I might be switching over my old Xeon box to Kubuntu this weekend, so I'd have access to Linux as well, if that makes the selection easier...

Obviously, I intend to run the emulator in Linux, on a Steam Deck, but I also have PS5 controllers, so I could run the emulator on my gaming PC (or Xeon box) easily enough as well.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

23 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You can get a flash boy cyclone off aliexpress or ebay for anywhere from 30-50$.

image.thumb.png.d0006c0e86ce278452cc692e4e9f4772.png

Yes, but... Is it worth the money? I got burned on OBD II to USB adapter cables off Newegg, I ended up buying one from Australia for less than two of the knockoff ones from Newegg. >_>

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

Yes, but... Is it worth the money? I got burned on OBD II to USB adapter cables off Newegg, I ended up buying one from Australia for less than two of the knockoff ones from Newegg. >_>

Aliexpress and ebay have warranties that should cover this. If you don't want to buy one you're left with the choice of either waiting for whatever website you're looking at to put them back in stock, or to build one yourself. Also quickly googling "gameboy dumper" finds me multiple websites that either have one in stock or build them to order.

https://shop.insidegadgets.com/product/gbxcart-rw/

This one builds them to order but also links to other websites which stock them as well so you can get them shipped quicker to you if you don't want to wait to weeks to get one made to order, although they don't seem to stock all colours.

image.thumb.png.1b713c1bc686ca8a04907b4ae67ee149.png

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Aliexpress and ebay have warranties that should cover this. If you don't want to buy one you're left with the choice of either waiting for whatever website you're looking at to put them back in stock, or to build one yourself. Also quickly googling "gameboy dumper" finds me multiple websites that either have one in stock or build them to order.

https://shop.insidegadgets.com/product/gbxcart-rw/

This one builds them to order but also links to other websites which stock them as well so you can get them shipped quicker to you if you don't want to wait to weeks to get one made to order, although they don't seem to stock all colours.

image.thumb.png.1b713c1bc686ca8a04907b4ae67ee149.png

That is exactly what I wanted: Something I could see being reviewed on youtube. Thank you.