Installing Fortnite on the Oculus Quest/Quest2/Go

EphraimK

Just a disclaimer, the method I use is legal, as I download the APK directly from Epic Games.

The Oculus runs a modified version of Android, allowing you to install all sorts of games, emulators and more!

Here is what you will need:

Oculus Quest, Quest 2 or Go

USB Type C cable

Oculus/Facebook Account

Windows/Mac/Linux laptop

Web browser with developer tools (like Firefox)

1. Download and Move the APK

Go to fortnite.com and hit the blue "Download" button in the top-right corner. Now, in your web browser (I'm using Firefox), open

Menu -> More Tools -> Web Developer Tools

Choose the Devices button (Img. 1)

Spoiler

54020971_ScreenShot2022-05-09at2_00_07PM.png.0be4d51a00d2f28e28462615229eab1a.png

Click the device options menu (Img. 2)

Spoiler

17525614_ScreenShot2022-05-09at2_02_07PM.png.1359d113a1ec77102d807c58b787ad76.pngf

Change to any Android Device (I chose Galaxy S20 + Linux) and refresh the page. Click the "Get it on the Epic Games Store" button. This will download the .apk file to your computer.

2. Preparing the Oculus

Visit dashboard.oculus.com and create a Oculus Developer Account with your Facebook/Oculus Account and create a new organization name. It can be anything, I just did my name.

Now, open the Oculus app on your Android or Apple device and go to your device's options, and enable developer mode.

3. The Computer Side

Go to sidequestvr.com and download the installer for your system.

Driver Install (Windows only)

Mac OS and Linux users can skip this step.

Go to the Oculus driver download and download the drivers for your headset (the Oculus Go drivers work for both of the Quest headsets as well)

Right-click on the android_usb.inf file and choose "Install".

Connect the Oculus to your computer via USB-C and open SideQuest. On your Oculus, enable USB debugging from the pop-up that will display when you connect to the computer. Choose the "Install APK from Folder" button in SideQuest (Img.3)

Spoiler

1858713583_ScreenShot2022-05-09at2_19_15PM.png.d2af8c99ddfbfa954aea471d7621af76.png

Select the EpicGamesStore.apk file we downloaded earlier.

Boom! The app will install on your Oculus!

For the best experience playing, I would use an Xbox or Playstation controller to play. Guide on connecting one of those to an Oculus here

Edited by EDKTech
Clarity and typos

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅