View 37 Sidemount Radiator Improve Temps with Case Modding ?

CasoF13

After spending hours trying to figure out how to tame a 10850k inside this case with a 5ghz oc i saw in a youtube video that someone mentioned that the exhaust for a sidemount radiator/aio isnt ideal because of all the metall that obstruct air thats need to pass through. so i want to know if someone with the same case (or having experience with case modding for temps) would know if my temps would get better if i case mod/ remove metall from the case thats behind a sidemount rad.

Here an example pic of what i would mean(my case has the hdd cage removed) i also had a 360 (a deepcool castle ex argb 360) but i am thinking of selling it to get a 420 corsair capalix no lcd (artic liquid 2 is unfortunatly to chonky and iterferes with my gpu)

CaseMod37.jpg

You could do your own testing by removing the rad from the case and have it sit on the desk with zero air flow impedance vs having it mounted in the case.

Also, if you're going to go down the modding route i would cut out more of the case to closely match the size of the rad to allow even more air flow, the modded case in the picture still looks highly restrictive.

9 hours ago, CasoF13 said:

After spending hours trying to figure out how to tame a 10850k inside this case with a 5ghz oc i saw in a youtube video that someone mentioned that the exhaust for a sidemount radiator/aio isnt ideal because of all the metall that obstruct air thats need to pass through. so i want to know if someone with the same case (or having experience with case modding for temps) would know if my temps would get better if i case mod/ remove metall from the case thats behind a sidemount rad.

Here an example pic of what i would mean(my case has the hdd cage removed) i also had a 360 (a deepcool castle ex argb 360) but i am thinking of selling it to get a 420 corsair capalix no lcd (artic liquid 2 is unfortunatly to chonky and iterferes with my gpu)

CaseMod37.jpg

in thery yes but will it drop a degree thats another question. is 1 degree going to make or brake it im guessing not...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links