Bitfenix Prodigy White vs Black

jomnepo

Do white Prodigy cases also have those vent holes in front like the black cases do? I'm still thinking of changing my planned case (NZXT Lexa S) to the white prodigy case.

Do white Prodigy cases also have those vent holes in front like the black cases do? I'm still thinking of changing my planned case (NZXT Lexa S) to the white prodigy case.

I prefer black, especially for the interior. They should be functionally identical to all the other colors, the only difference is with the side panel being ventilated or a window.

Only the black case comes with the mesh front as standard, but Bitfenix offers loads of replaceable fronts to fit your fancy.I have the Orange one and am planning to buy the mesh front with white outline.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/prodigy-custom-front-panels

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

Only the black case comes with the mesh front as standard, but Bitfenix offers loads of replaceable fronts to fit your fancy.I have the Orange one and am planning to buy the mesh front with white outline.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/prodigy-custom-front-panels

The outline is silver, not white. It's the same as the one that comes standard with the black case.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The outline is silver, not white. It's the same as the one that comes standard with the black case.

Oh yeah that's what I meant, thanks for picking up on it.

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

The new green and blue version are real nice for a bit of randomness

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40

orange

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The white and the black Prodigy is the same model they are just in different colors. Currently the colors that you can choose are orange, red, green, blue, black, and white.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The white and the black Prodigy is the same model they are just in different colors. Currently the colors that you can choose are orange, red, green, blue, black, and white.

The black comes with a mesh front and the white comes with a solid front meaning the black one should technically be better for cooling unless you buy one of the replaceable front panels.

• 6 months later...

If you have a blue build, the storm edition is a white case with a mesh front and a blue ring on the front panel, in case you haven't seen it before

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Only difference between Black and White is that the black has the mesh up front and white and rest have solid plastic with vents cutout on sides. Those vents will propably cause your fron fan/fans to be starving. This is the reason i went with black Prodigy.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Black has better airflow with the mesh front, white only has the side vents. You could, if you wanted, get a white one, see if the intake is good for you, and if not order a mesh front. Like a white body and black mesh front would look nice, as the top is also black mesh.

I own a black one and I love it :D as said above with an optical drive in the black, it looks sick :D. Also thenpreinstalled mesh is a plus but there is tons of replacements and parts you can get on the case so it's not too great of a plus.