Be Quiet Silent Base 802 vs Dark Base Pro 900 vs Fractal Meshify 2 vs Fractal Torrent

Wolverine2349

Which of these 4 cases would you pick if you had to choose?

For a 12900KS build cooled by a Noctua NH-D15S with dual 120/140mm fans and a Asus Tuf GeForce RTX 3090. No HDDS/Optical disc drives

Which case would provide best balance between cooling and relatively low noise for that setup out of all of them??

And which case is best for sound dampening to drown out coil whine and vibrations while still providing good/decent airflow??

I am leaning towards the Silent Base 802 it seems good with airflow config front mesh with a foamed top and side panel.

1 hour ago, Wolverine2349 said:

For a 12900KS build cooled by a Noctua NH-D15S with dual 120/140mm fans and a Asus Tuf GeForce RTX 3090. No HDDS/Optical disc drives

Which case would provide best balance between cooling and relatively low noise for that setup out of all of them??

And which case is best for sound dampening to drown out coil whine and vibrations while still providing good/decent airflow??

I am leaning towards the Silent Base 802 it seems good with airflow config front mesh with a foamed top and side panel.

have you seen this video? if you do have coil wine then case with a solid front would help. bust most lieky trading coil wine for higher fan speed but its probably worth doing.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, Plermpel said:

"Back to you, Steve"

image.thumb.png.179b74049d6878c4eb0f81f561e7af27.png

image.thumb.png.b76994d2ac4a1a359820ecde6afb2420.png

I have watched his reviews more times than I can count. One thing that seems odd is it seems cases with good GPU thermals have lower end CPU thermals or vice versa and there are almost no cases with noise normalized tests that have CPU and GPU temps below 50C above ambient.

Why is that?? Is CPU and GPU cooling counter intuitive due to case airflow??

I am starting to decide between Fractal Torrent and Be Quiet Silent Base 802.

The torrent appears to have much better airflow, but GPU temps bother me especially noise normalized per Gamers Nexus in that they are no better and maybe even slightly worse than Be Quiet Silent Base 802.

The torrent appears to have much better airflow, but GPU temps bother me especially noise normalized per Gamers Nexus in that they are no better and maybe even slightly worse than Be Quiet Silent Base 802.

15:57 in video

I also like how the Fractal Torrent fan mounts do not impede any airflow by having 120mm mounts overlapping 140mm fan mounts which can cause turbulence and hish pitched harmonic noise potentially. Most cases unfortunately have that including Silent Base 802, but I am thinking of switching Silent Base 802 to 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 fans which are expensive but top notch in terms of quietness and could add an additional and they provide as much or more airflow than the Pure or

Also it seems odd that Fractal Torrent has bottom fans and they do not unless spinning fast help GPU thermals much at all.

Where as many other cases with open bottom and no PSU shroud blocking the way have GPU thermals below 50C above ambient??

How much stock should I put into Gamers Nexus reviews??

Where Overclock3D has Fractal Torrent even with low fan speeds with much better GPU thermals:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/fractal_torrent_review_-_the_ultimate_air-cooled_case/3

Which review is more accurate??

On 4/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, Wolverine2349 said:

I like the Meshify 2 a lot but for sure, the Silent Base 802 - if it's the same $ or not much more.   The Silent Base 802 is a million $ in my market - not available locally and the online prices are outrageous or I would have chosen it.   Instead, I got a case that is somewhat similar - the Phanteks P500A (the P600S is another case that is similar). 

3 hours ago, Wolverine2349 said:

15:57 in video

I also like how the Fractal Torrent fan mounts do not impede any airflow by having 120mm mounts overlapping 140mm fan mounts which can cause turbulence and hish pitched harmonic noise potentially. Most cases unfortunately have that including Silent Base 802, but I am thinking of switching Silent Base 802 to 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 fans which are expensive but top notch in terms of quietness and could add an additional and they provide as much or more airflow than the Pure or

Also it seems odd that Fractal Torrent has bottom fans and they do not unless spinning fast help GPU thermals much at all.

Where as many other cases with open bottom and no PSU shroud blocking the way have GPU thermals below 50C above ambient??

How much stock should I put into Gamers Nexus reviews??

Where Overclock3D has Fractal Torrent even with low fan speeds with much better GPU thermals:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/fractal_torrent_review_-_the_ultimate_air-cooled_case/3

Which review is more accurate??

The Fractal Torrent is designed for air cooling - so, if you are interested in CLCs and trying an AIO - it's not really designed for that.   The Meshify 2 is more versatile - as you could do either with that case.   However, your 'wants' are similar to what I was looking for and I picked the P500A because I found it at a decent enough price - although, it's the non-rgb version so no built-in bling.   The Silent Base 802 is kinda similar - I think the P600S, P500A benchmarks/test results in Steve's case comparison - will be similar if the Base 802 was tested.   The P600S and 802 have the sound dampening panels - and are geared towards low noise but still offering good airflow in the configurations in which you remove the 'solid' front panel.   I think both gpu and cpu temps can be low - it depends on your configuration.   If you use an AIO - the top mounted ones usually result in better cpu temps and front-mounted - better gpu temps (unless, that is the reverse?).   But, the difference in degrees is negligible.   Get a good cooler and spend some time on cable management - if there's good airflow and fan configuration is with decent fans/low rpms - the temps and noise can be pretty low.  

• 6 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, Wolverine2349 said:

What was your final choice, I'm not sure about if I'd be going with as fancy of a graphics card but I'm interested in doing a build and don't know which of those 4 cases to go for myself.

11 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

What was your final choice, I'm not sure about if I'd be going with as fancy of a graphics card but I'm interested in doing a build and don't know which of those 4 cases to go for myself.

Silent Base 802 with f4ront filter and using mesh front and everything else sealed to minimize EMI and coil whine like noise. But very good front to back airflow with 3 140mm Silent Wings 3 1000 RPM fans on in take and 1 exhaust 140mm Silent Wings 3 1000 RPM fan. 

44 minutes ago, Wolverine2349 said:

Silent Base 802 with f4ront filter and using mesh front and everything else sealed to minimize EMI and coil whine like noise. But very good front to back airflow with 3 140mm Silent Wings 3 1000 RPM fans on in take and 1 exhaust 140mm Silent Wings 3 1000 RPM fan. 

Okay, does the case feel particularly large or not to big but fits everything well?