CPU Overheating and PC Shutting Down

Bobbyman5506
Go to solution Solved by Zusafek,

I'd you have your wraith cooler I would try it.  To me it sounds like AIO failure. 

Hello, I have a Ryzen 7 3700X I've had it for a bit over a year and just a few months ago it just randomly started overheating. In the middle of December I switched from the wraith prism to an MSI triple Fan AIO and upgraded to 32 GB of ram (from 2x8 to 4x8 of the same kind), and I had no immediate issues, but about 2 months after that my PC started randomly shutting down and after further analysis I figured out it was my CPU overheating, my CPU usage is nearly none currently yet it is 93 degrees Celsius. I later reseated my CPU and cooler for a completely separate reason, but it had no effect on my Temps. The hottest part in HWMonitor seems to be Package Node 0. I have two thoughts of what to do next, either try my Wraith prism again, or see if Windows is the issue and try a Linux stress test on my Ubuntu dual boot. I have 3 ideas currently either my CPU is defective, my AIO's water block is not level, or my motherboard is having power delivery issues(I have been having motherboard issues since day one, mostly with audio but there may be other issues, its a cheap MOBO). Included are two screenshots of my CPU's status in HWMonitor. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time!

Edit: I am able to feel the water pipes, and they are very warm but the radiator is not, so I am not sure if it is an AIO issue.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 195023.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 195040.png

I'd you have your wraith cooler I would try it.  To me it sounds like AIO failure. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

1 hour ago, Bobbyman5506 said:

Hello, I have a Ryzen 7 3700X I've had it for a bit over a year and just a few months ago it just randomly started overheating. In the middle of December I switched from the wraith prism to an MSI triple Fan AIO and upgraded to 32 GB of ram (from 2x8 to 4x8 of the same kind), and I had no immediate issues, but about 2 months after that my PC started randomly shutting down and after further analysis I figured out it was my CPU overheating, my CPU usage is nearly none currently yet it is 93 degrees Celsius. I later reseated my CPU and cooler for a completely separate reason, but it had no effect on my Temps. The hottest part in HWMonitor seems to be Package Node 0. I have two thoughts of what to do next, either try my Wraith prism again, or see if Windows is the issue and try a Linux stress test on my Ubuntu dual boot. I have 3 ideas currently either my CPU is defective, my AIO's water block is not level, or my motherboard is having power delivery issues(I have been having motherboard issues since day one, mostly with audio but there may be other issues, its a cheap MOBO). Included are two screenshots of my CPU's status in HWMonitor. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time!

Edit: I am able to feel the water pipes, and they are very warm but the radiator is not, so I am not sure if it is an AIO issue.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 195023.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 195040.png

Pump probably went out?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

1 hour ago, Zusafek said:

This fixed it for me, thank you!