Nvidia and AMD Card in one PC?

Hey there! 
I have a question about whether or not it is possible to throw two GPUs from different manufacturers into one PC? 
I don't want to run it in AMD Crossfire or Nvidia SLI mode, i just want to use them for different tasks. Why? You might ask... that's a easy one, i have the option to buy a RX 590 for cheap, and i have use for it (running a render while gaming or passing it through to a virtual machine).  I assume i need both drivers, but is there anything i need to pay attention to, if it is possible to run the computer at the first place? 

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know this would cause some serious driver conflict, it would be better to get 2 of the same graphics cards so that nothing freaks out. Alternatively, you could install drivers for only one card before installing the other, then run that one without drivers(This would allow for more display outputs but less performance on that specific card. What Nvidia GPU are you planning on using?

Yes but its not worth the hassle unless you are going to be using some sort of hypervisor and passing them separately to VMs.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, Qtheking said:

As far as I know this would cause some serious driver conflict, it would be better to get 2 of the same graphics cards so that nothing freaks out. Alternatively, you could install drivers for only one card before installing the other, then run that one without drivers(This would allow for more display outputs but less performance on that specific card. What Nvidia GPU are you planning on using?

I'm currently running a GTX 1660 Super. And because i'm not planning to do any upgrading it would be more of a waste of money to buy another Nvidia Card. I don't need the card but it would be nice to have one, whilst i have the chance to get it from a close friend, if it's possible to run both in one PC.

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yes but its not worth the hassle unless you are going to be using some sort of hypervisor and passing them separately to VMs.

No, i'm not planning on doing that. Aslong as its possible it may be worth a shot, could i use it to do renders or only display my secondary monitors, to reduce load on the main GPU while gaming or doing other workloads? 

5 minutes ago, Nayeon_ said:

No, i'm not planning on doing that. Aslong as its possible it may be worth a shot, could i use it to do renders or only display my secondary monitors, to reduce load on the main GPU while gaming or doing other workloads? 

Second display on a different gpu or same gpu has no performance impact at all. What will need to work a little harder is the cpu due to multiple gpu drivers.

For rendering it would make a massive difference as well your main gpu wont be used and available for other tasks.

But for ease of use you'd want to get a nvidia card with current driver support over a rx590.