RAM compatibility suggestions?

Go to solution Solved by cacoe,

Thanks to the incredible help from the people already posting, I have found a perfectly matching pair, my hats off to you, thank you so much.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB/p/CMT32GX4M2C3200C16#tab-tech-specs

I need to upgrade my RAM, been using blender/zbrush/maya/photoshop with some fairly sizable files, and especially for some renders running on CPU in Arnold, 32gb is cutting it fine.

I want to double up to 64gb but as very often is the case - my current RAM is discontinued. Or more specifically, I can't find this anywhere in stock, and the last list prices I've found put them at around £360+, way more than other widely availible sticks are going for.

My trusted shops -

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/

https://www.ebuyer.com/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/

https://www.scan.co.uk/

Would like to buy another pair which matches as close as possible, looks don't matter so much just as long as they're not bare green sticks. No red either lol.

The specs as per Corsair -

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR®-PLATINUM-32GB-(2-x-16GB)-DDR4-DRAM-3200MHz-C16-Memory-Kit/p/CMD32GX4M2C3200C16#tab-tech-specs

image.thumb.png.dc0c2911ed4f72c51c5bd597b734fddc.png

image.png.71c4ac01de4979b646ea57e25d21f770.png

I've been running these existing sticks stable at 3600mhz for around 2 years now.

Any suggestions for maximum compatibility please?

Thanks.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

OK - unavailable anywhere I can find that I trust in the UK, also, if I could find it in the UK somewhere I can trust at the equivalent price listed there, it'd be double the price other widely availible RAM is going for.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

5 minutes ago, cacoe said:

OK - unavailable anywhere I can find that I trust in the UK, also, if I could find it in the UK somewhere I can trust at the equivalent price listed there, it'd be double the price other widely availible RAM is going for.

ah ok , be sure to update the OP to reflect that you need different ram along with a list of your own trusted vendors and some form of budget requirement.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

ah ok , be sure to update the OP to reflect that you need different ram along with a list of your own trusted vendors and some form of budget requirement.

Also, board make / model would help also, as some boards only support certain RAM speeds and timings. And no offense to ES, but I wouldn't buy anything from NewEgg with the fire they're under right now.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Also, board make / model would help also, as some boards only support certain RAM speeds and timings. And no offense to ES, but I wouldn't buy anything from NewEgg with the fire they're under right now.

Full specs in my sig 🙂 - also when a site suggests something will ship from China in 14 days, I tend to assume that means more than 14 days will pass and it'll come to light that they don't actually have any to send out after contacting their support lol.

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

OP updated

3 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Full specs in my sig 🙂

most here do not have sigs visible as default

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

53 minutes ago, emosun said:

most here do not have sigs visible as default

Not to mention OP's sig is tiny and nearly unreadable.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Small to be unobtrusive, I'm pretty old and can read it at 4k 150% no glasses so thought it should be fine as is.

Sooo... Now this minutia is out of the way, any ideas?

How about this pairing?

My current set -

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR®-PLATINUM-32GB-(2-x-16GB)-DDR4-DRAM-3200MHz-C16-Memory-Kit/p/CMD32GX4M2C3200C16#tab-tech-specs

image.thumb.png.3c23de177244a80182fc31e592cdd7ef.png

The set I'm looking at -

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK32GX4M2E3200C16#tab-tech-specs

image.thumb.png.1692a3a87d1f98362969b48b77e7bd64.png

image.png

To be honest, I don't totally understand ram timings, I've just been looking for a set with as close numbers as possible for both SPD latency and tested latency, only difference I see between these two is slightly higher Tras on the set I'm looking at buying. Should this be an issue?

Thanks to the incredible help from the people already posting, I have found a perfectly matching pair, my hats off to you, thank you so much.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB/p/CMT32GX4M2C3200C16#tab-tech-specs