Is there likely a 27 to 32 inch equivalent to the LGC1 coming anytime soon?

Remixt

I've got an LGC1 TV, but its just too darn big for an every day desk driver. I've been looking at monitors for a couple months, but nothing seems to bring all that beauty and performance down to the 27-32 inch sweet spot for me. 

Is it too hopeful to think that soon we will have a smaller monitor that can match the C1 this year?

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

We should see Samsung QD-OLED version of 32" 4K 240Hz monitor. Not sure if there will be smaller than that from anyone. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

We should see Samsung QD-OLED version of 32" 4K 240Hz monitor. Not sure if there will be smaller than that from anyone. 

That's not an OLED monitor, but a MiniLED one. So no, nothing of the sort is coming anytime soon. Due to manufacuring limitations i don't expect Samsungs new QD-OLED panels to be available in anything other than 34" (ultrawide), 55" and 65". LG gets smaller and smaller with their TV's and now offer a 42" model, but even with smaller versions coming it won't be in this generation for sure.

RIght now you'll either have to choose between the 42" C2 or the 34" AW3423DW.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I think expecting OLED at that size is asking for too much, but I would like to see  true HDR Gsync ultimate option.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

1 minute ago, Remixt said:

I think expecting OLED at that size is asking for too much, but I would like to see  true HDR Gsync ultimate option.

They do exist in the Asus PG27UQ and the Acer Predator X27. But they're way too expensive for what they are, plus they're pretty old and quite slow by today's standards. But if you also take LCD's into consideration then Samsung has some things on the horizon.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

That's not an OLED monitor, but a MiniLED one. So no, nothing of the sort is coming anytime soon. Due to manufacuring limitations i don't expect Samsungs new QD-OLED panels to be available in anything other than 34" (ultrawide), 55" and 65". LG gets smaller and smaller with their TV's and now offer a 42" model, but even with smaller versions coming it won't be in this generation for sure.

RIght now you'll either have to choose between the 42" C2 or the 34" AW3423DW.

I didn't meant that G8 that was already revealed, but actually a OLED model of it with DP 2.0 though. No nothing announced, but reasonable to expect one with new port eventually and GPUs too. Yes it will be even more expensive. Understandable they went with something more mid-range per say res and Hz wise with that UW monitor.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I didn't meant that G8 that was already revealed, but actually a OLED model of it with DP 2.0 though. No nothing announced, but reasonable to expect one with new port eventually and GPUs too. Yes it will be even more expensive. Understandable they went with something more mid-range per say res and Hz wise with that UW monitor.

Like i said, the QD-OLED manufacturing limitations currently don't allow for such a display panel, which is why i wouldn't expect one anytime soon. It's no coincidence that there are only 34", 55" and 65" models announced and selling atm.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Like i said, the QD-OLED manufacturing limitations currently don't allow for such a display panel, which is why i wouldn't expect one anytime soon. It's no coincidence that there are only 34", 55" and 65" models announced and selling atm.

I wouldn't say so really, more like they opt for 1440p UW to keep the spec solid and price down enough. Which for the tech it's very good as a first model. 4K is even more 'standard' resolution for OLED displays no 1440p TVs really and it's just making it smaller than those say 42" ones. Aside from high price, yields too, who knows, maybe they'd have around same yields for 4K but they'd need to price that one way more anyway since general cost would be more. It would be way out if reasonable price range.

12 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I wouldn't say so really, more like they opt for 1440p UW to keep the spec solid and price down enough. Which for the tech it's very good as a first model. 4K is even more 'standard' resolution for OLED displays no 1440p TVs really and it's just making it smaller than those say 42" ones. Aside from high price, yields too, who knows, maybe they'd have around same yields for 4K but they'd need to price that one way more anyway since general cost would be more. It would be way out if reasonable price range.

They're limited to what sizes they can efficiently cut out of the motherglass. Otherwise they would likely offer sizes that are more popular like 27" or 32" because this way they sell more. Knowing how much Samsung likes their strange aspect ratios the chances of releasing a 49" SUW would probably be higher than releasing a 34" UW. But they can't, as they cannot afford to have so much waste per motherglass with their current yields.

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

They're limited to what sizes they can efficiently cut out of the motherglass. Otherwise they would likely offer sizes that are more popular like 27" or 32" because this way they sell more. Knowing how much Samsung likes their strange aspect ratios the chances of releasing a 49" SUW would probably be higher than releasing a 34" UW. But they can't, as they cannot afford to have so much waste per motherglass with their current yields.

Looking here as some reference [Learn Display] 31. Mother Glass & Generation | Samsung Display Newsroom, who knows, maybe the current UW doesn't fit the best for motherglass they're currently using for best yields just space wise. Possibly they're using Gen 8 one and Gen 10 to be used soon for everything. Though since it's Samsung and they seem to love curved displays even for 16:9 I do hope they make those flat seriously.