Install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware. Is it safe? (yes). And how to do it.

HQuan

So as Windows 11 officially comes out last year (2021), people are exciting and want it on their computer.

Sadly, Windows 11 have a very strict requirement, even top new Intel i5 7th generation can't pass the requirements. (according to @endermanch on Twitter)

Some people accept the fate, continue to use older version, some have to buy new. And most special, some finds way to install Windows 11 on hardware that's not supported.

So now, I here, will tell you the method to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware (and yet, I just do it with this laptop i'm typing on 10 minutes before). I will call this Bypassing Windows 11 requirement (as everyone call it)

I: Pre-Install

1: Check your hardware - is it enough for Windows 11?

Requirements exist for a reason (they just a little too high). It's make sure your hardware can run this smoothly without any problems.

I've seen many case on social media, they bypass to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware, and the result, the computers run slowly, and some get destroyed completley.

So, don't just be stupid and install Windows 11 on your Pentium 1xx with 200MB of RAM. Here's the requirement I think should run Windows 11 smoothly:

• CPU: Intel Pentium Gold; Intel i3 >5th generation; Intel i5 >4th generation; Intel i7 >6th generation; i9 and more. ||  AMD Ryzen 3 >4000. AMD Ryzen 5 >3000. AMD Ryzen 7 >3000. AMD Ryzen 9 and more (R9 are overpowered for Windows 11)
  • RAM: At least 4GB usable @800MHz. 
  • Storage: At least 64GB of SSD.
  • TPM: At least TPM 1.2 running on your computer (see "How to enable TPM")
  • SB: At least have secureboot enabled (FOR YOUR SAFETY!)
  • Display: At least 8-bit color display, 720p and 8" or larger monitor.
  • GP: any lol

Or if you're in doubt, just follow official Windows 11 requirements

• Processor: 1GHz or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC)
  • RAM: at least 4GB
  • Storage: at least 64GB of available storage
  • Security: TPM version 2.0, UEFI firmware, Secure Boot capable
  • Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later, with a WDDM 2.0 driver
  • Display: High definition (720p) display, 9" or greater monitor, 8-bits per color channel

2: Prepare your installation tools

Wait! Before doing anything, make sure you have at least 6-10GB of free space on your drive! You'll need to download Windows 11 iso file. 

Download the installation tools from Microsoft website.

3: Back-up all your important file in C:

Move all your file to another partition, or either back it up in clouds storage. 

You don't need to back-up your non-OS drive. Windows will not being install on another drive other than C:.

4: Prepare for the big move!

Re-install all programs that only works with Windows 10, remove program you don't use. Defragment the disk, delete temp and junk file. This is the way to make the upgrade have more chance of sucess and saving times.

II: Install Windows 11

1: Upgrade from Windows 10 

Notice: this method only works if your CPU, TPM is not compatible. If your RAM, SB is not compatible, follow method 2.

1. Windows+R and then open "regedit" as admin.
  2. Navigate: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup (If "MoSetup" don't exist, your computer has malware i guess)
  3. Right click on the wide menu (image 1.0), create a new DWORD (32-bit). Name it "AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU"
  4. Right click on the new DWORD, select modify, set the value to 1 (image 1.1)
  5. Close REGEDIT, restart your computer.
  6. Mount Installation ISO on your komputer, run "setup.exe"
  7. Follow it steps to install Windows 11.

If it say anything is not compatible, you have to follow method 2.

figure 1.1 image.thumb.png.46ed0f16ea877684ddf0ea93e4feea88.png

figure 1.0 image.thumb.png.09e541028981714a365959474c209b85.png 

2: Install clean Windows 11

This method is too dangerous to do with just plain text. I will put a video here soon. If you want to know when it's out, message me. Please stay tune. I don't want someone PC gets destroyed.

---

I hope you sucess, to have a good time with your brand new Windows 11. If there's something wrong, please directly message me for help. Thanks for reading.

Fun fact: this was written on Windows 11.

-- unrelated to tutorial link removed by mod -- 

image.png

image.png

This is a single click using Rufus. This also doesnt "fix" ram checks.

Spoiler

Rufus updated with improved support for Windows 11 - Windows 11 Central

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

19 minutes ago, HQuan said:
  • CPU: Intel Pentium Gold; Intel i3 >5th generation; Intel i5 >4th generation; Intel i7 >6th generation; i9 and more. ||  AMD Ryzen 3 >4000. AMD Ryzen 5 >3000. AMD Ryzen 7 >3000. AMD Ryzen 9 and more (R9 are overpowered for Windows 11)
  •  

nope. Runs flawlessy on a c2q q6600

20 minutes ago, HQuan said:
  • TPM: At least TPM 1.2 running on your computer (see "How to enable TPM")
  • SB: At least have secureboot enabled (FOR YOUR SAFETY!)

nope. Windows 11 will install fine with tpm and sb off.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler