Pc becoming super slow

SquiddyButler

I built my computer around the start of 2021, so it is fairly new, and I try to clean it as much as I can. But recently at random points my computer becomes super buggy, everything stops responding and crashes and it becomes unusable. Do I need to upgrade any part or what is happening? Thanks

Read the "read before asking for help" thread on this subforum and then edit your post accordingly. It is impossible for anybody to give you meaningful advice with the information we have.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.聽 If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Read the "read before asking for help" thread on this subforum and then edit your post accordingly. It is impossible for anybody to give you meaningful advice with the information we have.

I did read it, that's all the information I can physically give you. If I'm watching youtube on Google, Google crashes. If I'm playing a game, that crashes. It's unknown why, I don't have anything else but those open too. I know as much as you do, sorry 馃檪

Just now, SquiddyButler said:

I know as much as you do, sorry 馃檪

I accept that you might not know what components are in your computer despite having built it, in your case it seems plausible.

My advice is: yes, upgrade any part. Just pick one at random and replace it.聽

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.聽 If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I accept that you might not know what components are in your computer despite having built it, in your case it seems plausible.

My advice is: yes, upgrade any part. Just pick one at random and replace it.聽

Before building it I tried to make sure they all 100% worked with each other, but thank you, I will try and to replace a part as soon as I can to see if it works. Have a great day!聽

Full system specs includes brand and model of the PSU?

What's the temperature of the CPU and GPU at the time the issue occurs?

4 hours ago, SquiddyButler said:

If I'm watching youtube on Google, Google crashes. If I'm playing a game, that crashes.

Define crash, what's happening?. Black screen, blue screen, back to desktop, shut down without restart, shutdown with restart or smt else?

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

Full system specs includes brand and model of the PSU?

What's the temperature of the CPU and GPU at the time the issue occurs?

Define crash, what's happening?. Black screen, blue screen, back to desktop, shut down without restart, shutdown with restart or smt else?

• CPU
    i9 10850k
  • Motherboard
    Rog Strix Z490-E
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB
  • GPU
    Zotac Amp Holo 3070
  • Case
    Phanteks P500a
  • Storage
    WD Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 850x
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
    Those are my specs
    The temperature while using Google for my GPU is usually at 40 degrees Celsius and I haven't checked for my CPU. While gaming the GPU reaches around 55-60 degrees Celsius. Not sure about the CPU temps again, sorry.聽
    What I mean by crashes is whatever tab is open/game it says *Is Not Responding* or something along the lines of that and it my screens completely freeze to where I can't do anything. Then after a while I am able to use my mouse but at an extremely slow rate. Once I turn off and on my computer it works fine.聽

4 hours ago, --SID-- said:

No SSD?

Nope, I've been planning on getting one but just haven't got the money聽

22 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

Nope, I've been planning on getting one but just haven't got the money聽

Yeah, your HDD is definitely the culprit. Windows favors SSD's, so it just assumes that you have an SSD and then Windows tunes itself as if it was on an SSD. The more programs you download, your PC naturally becomes slower as it has more stuff to do. One tip I can give you is to disable everything in Settings>Apps>Startup. Should look like this: (don't mind the LGHUB)

ApplicationFrameHost_egsPVmZqH6.png.cc53cda61d71e33cff6fd6f22153e661.png

Hope this helps!

23 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

Yeah, your HDD is definitely the culprit. Windows favors SSD's, so it just assumes that you have an SSD and then Windows tunes itself as if it was on an SSD. The more programs you download, your PC naturally becomes slower as it has more stuff to do. One tip I can give you is to disable everything in Settings>Apps>Startup. Should look like this: (don't mind the LGHUB)

Hope this helps!

Alright, I just turned all of those off. And thank you! I'm hoping to get an SSD soon so this problem goes away but I'm not sure as of when I'll be able to get one.聽

8 hours ago, SquiddyButler said:

Storage

WD Hard Drive

there is the problem

go check your SMART of your hdd.聽

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,聽聽Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB聽Crucial Ballistix聽 RGB聽3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,聽聽Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

22 minutes ago, SamClan said:

there is the problem

go check your SMART of your hdd.聽

How would I get around to doing that?

7 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

How would I get around to doing that?

speccy

6 minutes ago, lafrente said:

speccy

The status for all of it says "Good" Is that what I was meant to check? (For the HDD)

47 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

Alright, I just turned all of those off. And thank you! I'm hoping to get an SSD soon so this problem goes away but I'm not sure as of when I'll be able to get one.聽

You are welcome, but your specs seem too expensive that you wouldn't likely have an HDD instead of an SSD. Is your PC a prebuilt? I think OEM's would only have such weird configurations without an SSD, but it is okay if you are a first time builder and didn't know what was the difference between an HDD and a SSD. Everyone (should) learn from mistakes 馃檪

5 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

You are welcome, but your specs seem too expensive that you wouldn't likely have an HDD instead of an SSD. Is your PC a prebuilt? I think OEM's would only have such weird configurations without an SSD, but it is okay if you are a first time builder and didn't know what was the difference between an HDD and a SSD. Everyone (should) learn from mistakes 馃檪

I built my computer with all the parts, I knew about the SSD but it was either between a 50$ HDD or a 110$ or so SSD, and since I was already spending so much money i though it would be fine to go with the HDD, guess I was wrong haha

31 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

The status for all of it says "Good" Is that what I was meant to check? (For the HDD)

Yeah, but basically you built a sportscar only to run it on used frying oil by opting for HDD for the system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 11:59 AM, LTTFan16538228 said:

Hope this helps!

ayo another deepl user, cool ig

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#