Need advice for Wi-Fi improvements

Klavchiks

Hello im a 14 kid from Latvia and i was wondering if anyone has some tips to improve wireless wifi connection im really hoping that someone can help couse my wifi is just depressing. (P.S. im ready to put any amount of money in to this i just need to know at least where to start)

image.png

19 hours ago, Klavchiks said:

i was wondering if anyone has some tips to improve wireless wifi connection im really hoping that someone can help couse my wifi is just depressing. (P.S. im ready to put any amount of money in to this i just need to know at least where to start)

image.png

Hi, 

Are these speeds on a desktop connected to your home router / wireless access point? Do you know the speed of the connection to the internet? Do you get the same kind of speeds with other devices connected to the Access Point?

Somethings to check are the wifi standard of your computer's Network Interface, and the standards available on the Wireless Access Point or router. If you're using a very old (like, more than 4 years old) 802.11b interface on the computer, then the speeds you're getting make some kind of sense. You can check this on Windows by looking at Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections - in the picture here you can see that interface is a "Wireless-AC" standard.

The two most important things are the speed of your main connection to the internet (NOT THE WIFI!), and the standards that your Network Interface Card (NIC) on the PC and on the router/WAP support. Line of sight, aerial arrangement and router position are the next stage. Look up the IEEE 802.11 standards, have a read there and good luck!

wnet.PNG

5 hours ago, ErisianSomething said:

Hi, 

Are these speeds on a desktop connected to your home router / wireless access point? Do you know the speed of the connection to the internet? Do you get the same kind of speeds with other devices connected to the Access Point?

Somethings to check are the wifi standard of your computer's Network Interface, and the standards available on the Wireless Access Point or router. If you're using a very old (like, more than 4 years old) 802.11b interface on the computer, then the speeds you're getting make some kind of sense. You can check this on Windows by looking at Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections - in the picture here you can see that interface is a "Wireless-AC" standard.

The two most important things are the speed of your main connection to the internet (NOT THE WIFI!), and the standards that your Network Interface Card (NIC) on the PC and on the router/WAP support. Line of sight, aerial arrangement and router position are the next stage. Look up the IEEE 802.11 standards, have a read there and good luck!

wnet.PNG

WOW thanks a lot you were correct about the old interface and i will look in to it i have never seen anything about this so thanks a lot.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, ErisianSomething said:

Look up the IEEE 802.11 standards

i was wondering if changing to a newer IEEE will change my internet speeds and how do i do that?

And also how do i get the exact internet speed honestly if you could link a tutorial how to do these things that would be grate I know that im responding pretty late but i was away from my home for a bit so I couldn't try it out.  

My WIFI is also pretty inconsistent but it sucks anyway 

Edited by Klavchiks
i forgot to add this