I need a lower end GPU for my second PC that I don't use much and was wondering if this looks alright (750 Ti)

MrBreadSticks

$50 isn't a terrible price for a 750 ti, but the seller notes he doesn't know if it even works. 

Without knowing what you do want to use the second PC for on the occasions you do use it, we can't say much more than that. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

$50 isn't a terrible price for a 750 ti, but the seller notes he doesn't know if it even works. 

Without knowing what you do want to use the second PC for on the occasions you do use it, we can't say much more than that. 

I mostly will play Fortnite, Minecraft, CSGO, Halo 3, etc. I have another PC that I use most of the time which runs whatever. My PC specs that will be paired with this are Phenom II X4 945, 8GB DDR2 800mhz, 460w Cooler Master PC (but only 75% efficiency) again, very low end PC ik

2 minutes ago, MrBreadSticks said:

I mostly will play Fortnite, Minecraft, CSGO, Halo 3, etc. I have another PC that I use most of the time which runs whatever. My PC specs that will be paired with this are Phenom II X4 945, 8GB DDR2 800mhz

I believe the Phenom II is missing some instruction sets that newer games need so I would research that before you put any money into that machine.

Ultimately it's up to you how much money you consider a worthwhile investment in a secondary PC that's so old, but I would try to at least find a card you were certain was functional. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I believe the Phenom II is missing some instruction sets that newer games need so I would research that before you put any money into that machine.

Ultimately it's up to you how much money you consider a worthwhile investment in a secondary PC that's so old, but I would try to at least find a card you were certain was functional. 

that's a good point, but again I would play new AAA games on my main pc. the phenom was an upgrade from a athlon 6000

1 minute ago, dilpickle said:

As a long time ebayer I can tell you when a seller writes "untested, buy at your own risk, no returns" it is guaranteed to be broken.

Since he didn't actually categorize it as "for parts or not working," and since eBay sides with buyers almost to a fault, you might still be able to get your money back if it's dead. Might. I wouldn't go to the hassle, though. 

Can also use PayPal to pay for it. Gives an extra guarantee and can be disputed with PayPal. 

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Title description says it is untested, but detailed description is left generic default. To me untested equals broken, brand new in open box could even be broken. Lots of sketchy sellers on Ebay. 

"Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

I have bought something from Ebay using PayPal and had to return it once, but the seller had it listed as working.

31 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

As a long time ebayer I can tell you when a seller writes "untested, buy at your own risk, no returns" it is guaranteed to be broken.

definitely second this. when i sell something, i go through the trouble of making sure it works, that is usually a guarantee of more money.

2 hours ago, dilpickle said:

I'm not disregarding what you're saying, but why does it have 22 good reviews?

16 minutes ago, MrBreadSticks said:

I'm not disregarding what you're saying, but why does it have 22 good reviews?

The 750 ti as a card (all 750 ti's ever made) has 22 good reviews on eBay. It's not 22 reviews for this particular listing. If you want to know whether this particular listing is trustworthy you should look at the seller's feedback. Are you new to using eBay?

21 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The 750 ti as a card (all 750 ti's ever made) has 22 good reviews on eBay. It's not 22 reviews for this particular listing. If you want to know whether this particular listing is trustworthy you should look at the seller's feedback. Are you new to using eBay?

not really new per se (i've bought a CPU and some RAM) it says the seller has 97% pos feedback, 72 stars